Russel Brand seems to have an situation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
It's hearsay currently. He said, she said etc

I know you're trolling which is not a nice thing to do on this particular thread so I say this not for your benefit but as a general observation.

An accusation made by a victim is not just hearsay. There has also been other evidence presented. Just because you don't like the evidence, don't find it compelling or assess it to be flawed, does not mean that it is not evidence.

There may not be proof, but there is evidence.

CXRAndy

Veteran
This thread is wild. Dismissing this story as "hearsay" is demeaning to everyone involved, and I include Brand in that. You don't just accuse someone of sexually assaulting you without a reason.

Just look at the statistics of the situation, he claims to have had many many women. If he was habitually abusing/raping women, wouldn't there be dozens upon dozens of complainants?

Upto this point, there are some women making accusations, non of which has yet been substantiated.

He is denying such accusations.

She said, he said.

Now if and when the police decide there is sufficient information to pass onto the CPS for a charge. That will give some indication of a certain level of belief.

But, when it goes to court and both sides place their evidence to the jury will we know more.

CXRAndy

Veteran
I know you're trolling which is not a nice thing to do on this particular thread so I say this not for your benefit but as a general observation.

An accusation made by a victim is not just hearsay. There has also been other evidence presented. Just because you don't like the evidence, don't find it compelling or assess it to be flawed, does not mean that it is not evidence.

There may not be proof, but there is evidence.

Upto this point it is hearsay.

There have been numerous high profile cases where the accused was found not guilty. The accusers where not telling the truth.

We don't know the whole story, only what the press are releasing.

Wait until charges are laid

the snail

Upto this point it is hearsay.

There have been numerous high profile cases where the accused was found not guilty. The accusers where not telling the truth.

We don't know the whole story, only what the press are releasing.

Wait until charges are laid

It's not hearsay, as I understand it there is at least one alleged victim who has gone on the record with her allegations.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Just look at the statistics of the situation, he claims to have had many many women. If he was habitually abusing/raping women, wouldn't there be dozens upon dozens of complainants?

Upto this point, there are some women making accusations, non of which has yet been substantiated.

He is denying such accusations.

She said, he said.

Now if and when the police decide there is sufficient information to pass onto the CPS for a charge. That will give some indication of a certain level of belief.

But, when it goes to court and both sides place their evidence to the jury will we know more.

The number of allegations is irrelevant.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
To be fair, I think a lot of sexual behaviour can be explained by simply remembering that sperm is cheap and eggs are expensive.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
To be fair, I think a lot of sexual behaviour can be explained by simply remembering that sperm is cheap and eggs are expensive.

Not this again.

mudsticks

Squire

Let's not blame the blameless gametes Jim.

👍🏼

Full accountability for actions reside with the containers thereof..

Rusty Nails

Country Member
This thread is spreading misinformation, Brand is innocent.

People have made allegations about him, which the police have said they will be looking into. That is a fact. Where is the misinformation that is being spread.

At the moment, saying Brand is guilty or saying he is innocent are opinions which is their entitlement, but not misinformation.

Top Bottom