Rishi Sunak is a Tosser....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_3850.jpeg

multitool

Shaman
Bizarre how Sunak is positioning himself as candidate for "change".

Surely an ephemeral tactic, considering he is the PM and has to enact his promises. So either (not unlikely) the Tories are at the point where they will say any old shoot, or he's planning a May election before he can be held to account for it.

I think probably the latter. He's hamstrung. So the longer the Tories stay in power the bigger the defeat.

Mr Celine

Bizarre how Sunak is positioning himself as candidate for "change".

Surely an ephemeral tactic, considering he is the PM and has to enact his promises. So either (not unlikely) the Tories are at the point where they will say any old shoot, or he's planning a May election before he can be held to account for it.

I think probably the latter. He's hamstrung. So the longer the Tories stay in power the bigger the defeat.

He promised more changes in one speech than Keith has since he became leader.
Blue tories or red ones, what a depressing choice.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

multitool

Shaman
He promised more changes in one speech than Keith has since he became leader.
Blue tories or red ones, what a depressing choice.

Keith is playing it as he should be.

He doesn't have to say or do anything except stand back, and not get in the way of the Tories destroying themselves.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
What were your favourite three announcements?

He knows it too.

He preferred Oppenheimer to Barbie, is enjoying the David Beckham documentary and once dressed up as Harry Potter...

Reading about what he's actually supposed to be doing, none of it really seems to be going particularly well but we won't know actual figures until early next year.

Binning the rest of HS2 in favour of smaller projects
Arguable, but the timing and pre-announcement lying was unnecessary, wasn't it? Don't you think it was cobbled together in a couple of weeks, given that half of the replacement projects had already been announced, completed, or cancelled again within twenty-four hours? Shouldn't long term strategic decisions such as this be debated in parliament?

men are men and women are women
Seriously, that was in your top three? It's not a policy. It doesn't even make sense in its own terms without a commitment to rewrite the GRA.

stopping the boats
Remind me, who was in government when the numbers started rising? Who took us out of Europol and tore up all the return agreements?

the joke about Sturgeon.
You think that weak joke was a highlight? You really are easily pleased, aren't you?

The list could go on.
Anything with any truth or substance or were those genuinely the headlines?

I deliberately said 'good stuff' because a conference speech, strictly, is not a policy announcement.

Although there's plenty of policy in it.

It's revealing but not surprising that this is your only response to the points in my post. Like Sunak, I guess you know when the game is up.

Pale Rider

Veteran
It's revealing but not surprising that this is your only response to the points in my post. Like Sunak, I guess you know when the game is up.

There's nothing to answer, you've already decided anything Sunak says should be derided before he says it.

Fine, I can't fix stupid, but don't kid yourself there is any analysis.

Top Bottom