Rishi Sunak is a Tosser....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
I've been pondering Sunak's recent pronouncements. The fake rowback on net zero, and yesterday the "end to the war on the motorist".

What strikes me is that these are not profound, long-term policies, if indeed they can be considered policies at all. They are nothing. If left to stand for a year until the next election they will be exposed as hollow.

Which leads me to think that this isn't about trying to win an election a year off, but trying to lose less badly in the very near future.

I think we may be headed for an election within the next few months.

Next week's conference will be telling.
What's very clear is that Sunak has little grip in a party increasingly losing it's identity and focus. There's no vision or strategy and variou groups are starting to position themselves behind their preferred next leader.
The lunatics are taking over the aerated concrete asylum.....

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I've been pondering Sunak's recent pronouncements. The fake rowback on net zero, and yesterday the "end to the war on the motorist".

What strikes me is that these are not profound, long-term policies, if indeed they can be considered policies at all. They are nothing. If left to stand for a year until the next election they will be exposed as hollow.

Which leads me to think that this isn't about trying to win an election a year off, but trying to lose less badly in the very near future.

I think we may be headed for an election within the next few months.

There are actually one or two good, sensible suggestions in there, ie

- unifying parking apps

- clarifying rules on use of bus lanes (two adjacent towns where I live have different rules)

There is also, or course, a lot of crap in there

The prospect of a Conservative win at an election in the next 12 months, seems inconceivable to me, the only person who can deliver such a win is Starmer and/or his more unruly members, in my view.

multitool

Shaman
Next week's conference will be telling.

Yes, I was thinking that too and wondering if he will use it as a platform to call a GE.

I'm not sure what the endgame is for him because, barring a miracle, he is toast. As you say there are those stomping around trying to get noticed, most notably Truss. It is worth reminding ourselves that she beat Sunak in the leadership race.

BoldonLad

Yes, I was thinking that too and wondering if he will use it as a platform to call a GE.

I'm not sure what the endgame is for him because, barring a miracle, he is toast. As you say there are those stomping around trying to get noticed, most notably Truss. It is worth reminding ourselves that she beat Sunak in the leadership race.

Why does HE need an end-game?, it is not as if he is going to have to "sign on" if/when he loses or resigns.

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

He's 0.75 of a billionaire, Boldon.

Somebody with £750,000,000 doesn't need a meagre state-funded pension.

This isn't about money. It's about ego.

Quite. Ego needs feeding, so, now he is, in the idiom of the day, a “Celebrity”, just like Blair, Brown, May, Cameron and others

Last edited:

Beebo

Veteran
He's 0.75 of a billionaire, Boldon.

Somebody with £750,000,000 doesn't need a meagre state-funded pension.

This isn't about money. It's about ego.

That’s small fry.
Just wait for his father in law to pop his clogs.
He’s worth $5billion.

Beebo

Veteran
Praise where praise is due. I like his bold anti smoking policy.

But this is the “nanny state” at work, which Tories usually completely reject, citing the right of all to do what they want.

If Labour proposed anything like this they would be shouted down.

Reactions: C R
Praise where praise is due. I like his bold anti smoking policy.

But this is the “nanny state” at work, which Tories usually completely reject, citing the right of all to do what they want.

If Labour proposed anything like this they would be shouted down.
Jup and if it works just as good as all those other things that are not allowed in this country like escooters/ illigal ebikes etc. then i would hold your praise nothing is going to change anyway.

Top Bottom