Prince Andrew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Going back to this, I agree with you, but I also don't think that arresting someone for shouting or holding a sign is warranted when a quiet word would probably suffice.

In the case of Andrew's heckler, they also failed to arrest the man they witnessed assaulting him him about three feet away. This is cops and monarchist thugs protecting a sex abuser from... A skinny teenage heckler.

Prince Andrew is a f*cking nonce. Calling him out on it is entirely fair and the right thing to do. The queen defending her children? Fair enough I guess. I'd defend mine I suppose. But not if they were paedos, because that's beyond reprehensible.

Do be fair the woman with whom he has earned most notoriety was, at least in the UK, of age and certainly not a minor which to my understanding is where paedophilia kicks in.

Whether shagging trafficked and potentially enslaved women is less reprehensible is a different question.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Do be fair the woman with whom he has earned most notoriety was, at least in the UK, of age and certainly not a minor which to my understanding is where paedophilia kicks in.

Whether shagging trafficked and potentially enslaved women is less reprehensible is a different question.

Epstein procured girls as young as 14 to supply to the rich and famous. I guess if you don't want to be thought of as a nonce, you could just check out of the Obvious Nonce Network.

icowden

Legendary Member
If we want to get specific and technical, Giuffre was 17 when Andrew is alleged to have been involved with her. This makes Andrew an ephebophile (post pubescent) as opposed to the more popular paedophile (pre-pubescent). There then comes the question as to whether technically Giuffre was being paid for sex as opposed to having consensual sex (if indeed they had any at all which remains an unproven allegation).

AndyRM

Elder Goth

He's a nonce. When I was 17, I was shagging other 17 year olds.

Going back to this, I agree with you, but I also don't think that arresting someone for shouting or holding a sign is warranted when a quiet word would probably suffice.
Well, *if* it would be normal practice if anyone would get that treadment if he said something or hold a sign during any funeral it could be something to argee or not agree with.
However in this case it isn't the same for everyone, the only reason he got arrested is most likely because it was the Queen's funeral. That is the core of the issue. I'm not for or against the monarchy but i do think them being above all laws is problematic as we have seen with Prince Andrew.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
He's a nonce. When I was 17, I was shagging other 17 year olds.

Interesting take on the situation. I must tell my Brother-in-law he is a nonce, next time I see him (he is 5 years older that his wife, they married when he was 22 and she was 17, they had four children (one, sadly died, of Breast cancer), and have been married for 50 years.

matticus

Guru
If we want to get specific and technical, Giuffre was 17 when Andrew is alleged to have been involved with her. This makes Andrew an ephebophile (post pubescent) as opposed to the more popular paedophile (pre-pubescent).

Yeah, whatever - it's much more fun shouting "PAEDO!".

I suspect some get quite a ... thrill out of it ...

matticus

Guru
I guess if you don't want to be thought of as a nonce, you could just check out of the Obvious Nonce Network.

Ah yes: Guilt By Association. A great foundation for a just legal system!

A crown prince hanging out on Epstein Island is an idiot - that doesn't make him guilty of any offences.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Ah yes: Guilt By Association. A great foundation for a just legal system!

A crown prince hanging out on Epstein Island is an idiot - that doesn't make him guilty of any offences.

My point for now is not about whether he is guilty of a criminal offence, but whether he's implicated in an abusers' network. He is.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
These are technicalities really. What he did might not have been illegal. He might not have been explicitly aware that she was coerced to be on the island. But no decent middle aged man would sleep with a teenage girl in those circumstances, especially when the situation was clearly one of lots of older male guests being flown in and lots of resident teenage girls.

Most middle aged men would stop for a moment and wonder about that. They'd think about the power dynamic of that situation and know it wasn't right. They would refuse to take part. They'd come home and cut ties with the people that were engineering those situations. Even if they didn't think it was illegal they'd reflect on whether it was right.

Regardless of the legalities, the fact that Prince Andrew, Bill Clinton, and numerous other wealthy and powerful middle aged men didn't do any of that is what speaks volumes about their character.

His behaviour should continue to be investigated but it wasn't an appropriate time to be protesting about Andrew in my view - any time but that week. An arrest was over the top though. Likewise, the investigation into what went went on with Epstein should continue, both from the police and the press, but I suspect it will end up being shelved because of the names involved.

Top Bottom