Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was this irony?
Who knows....

I hope a party from Dover (that bastion of Brexiteers) will be walking up the M20 to pick-up all the bottles of trucker Tizer and piles of shoot deposited by the imprisoned drivers...oh I forgot, Brexiteers don't take any responsibility for their crap do they....

Annanotherthing, that great parliamentarian parasite and Brexiteer Nathalie Elphicke, (supposed MP for Dover) seems conspicuous by her absence - much like normal then when anything happen in Dover apart from pointing at 'illegals'....

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
Who knows....

I hope a party from Dover (that bastion of Brexiteers) will be walking up the M20 to pick-up all the bottles of trucker Tizer and piles of shoot deposited by the imprisoned drivers...oh I forgot, Brexiteers don't take any responsibility for their crap do they....

Annanotherthing, that great parliamentarian parasite and Brexiteer Nathalie Elphicke, (supposed MP for Dover) seems conspicuous by her absence - much like normal then when anything happen in Dover apart from pointing at 'illegals'....
Am I the only person who sees this huge number of lorry movements as a big problem?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Do you think the current chaos is part of a carefully considered plan to localise the economy?

A plan? By the Goverment? 😂

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Precisely my point. There are better ways to promote a green revolution than stranding truckers on the M20 for days at a time.

What if an ambulance needed to get past?

I thought this was a Brexit thread, not an Environment thread?

I doubt the M20 is blocked. In my experience of using Dover ferries and/or Tunnel, queues of wagons is not unusual, but, nothing like the post Brexit queues. It was pretty obvious that Brexit would cause such problems.

Last edited:

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
Do you think the current chaos is part of a carefully considered plan to localise the economy?
No, but to put it bleakly I think Capitalism is rapidly revealing its cracks, more than ever before - literally killing the planet for most vertebrate life at this rate. Anything that shows industrialised nations how plain stupid it is to trade away through this needs to be stripped back to fundamentals - global import/export profit-maximised business for staple foods is going to lead to famine, already has in many places.

People have to want better to bring about change. Everyone knows politicians are corrupt, everyone knows multi-national corporations are running the agenda with media backup. I'm just one person trying to change that agenda from my local situation. I think if we can build for a see change in environmental planning starting at community level we might have a chance for something like civilisation as we know it to continue.

It is people who give politicians credibility. It isn't just a party game. I think this is telling the truth.

Last edited:
No, but to put it bleakly I think Capitalism is rapidly revealing its cracks, more than ever before - literally killing the planet for most vertebrate life at this rate. Anything that shows industrialised nations how plain stupid it is to trade away through this needs to be stripped back to fundamentals - global import/export profit-maximised business for staple foods is going to lead to famine, already has in many places.

People have to want better to bring about change. Everyone knows politicians are corrupt, everyone knows multi-national corporations are running the agenda with media backup. I'm just one person trying to change that agenda from my local situation. I think if we can build for a see change in environmental planning starting at community level we might have a chance for something like civilisation as we know it to continue.

It is people who give politicians credibility. It isn't just a party game. I think this is telling the truth.
I agree with the thrust of that. I'm not yet convinced that randomly slowing down truckers with burdensome paperwork will lead us to where we need to be.

Mugshot

Über Member

Brexit will not bring about the collapse of consumerism or capitalism. It will not see the UK become a self sufficient Garden of Eden. Anyone that voted thinking it would is going to be desperately disappointed.
It's increasing pollution, increasing the UKs carbon output and increasing food poverty. Just as was predicted.

Top Bottom