Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
You know those members that used to post here claiming that wages are rising because we persuaded so many foreigners to go home? I wonder what they might say about this?

https://news.sky.com/story/cost-of-...ging-inflation-official-figures-show-12518827

Well who could have predicted that eh??

On a micro scale in my business I'm going to have to put my prices up, because energy, labour and other input costs have risen,

Which of course will impact people on lower incomes that buy my goods, and use my services.

I have a solidarity pricing structure though, so hopefully there are enough people on solid incomes who can sub those living with less.

Has worked up til now, but we will have to see.

Meanwhile out there in the 'real' dog eat dog world...

D

Deleted member 49

stowie

Well, it is good to know that even whilst the government is embroiled in scandals over turning No.10 into ClubUK* and going full Sopranos on MPs wavering in undying support for their great leader, Brexit is the gift that still keeps giving

*Yes I know ClubUK was shut in 1996 and I am definitely showing my age with this post...

Well, it is good to know that even whilst the government is embroiled in scandals over turning No.10 into ClubUK* and going full Sopranos on MPs wavering in undying support for their great leader, Brexit is the gift that still keeps giving

*Yes I know ClubUK was shut in 1996 and I am definitely showing my age with this post...

Thanks for that....will head home tomorrow via the M2!
Naca - home of good traffic info!

swansonj

Regular

This is not being reported across the media - not just the BBC but I haven't seen it in the Guardian either. My wife and I were debating why not. Conspiracy, or just so commonplace as to be not newsworthy?

Mugshot

Über Member
Do you think that these queues of trucks which can be seen from space could be chalked up as a Brexit benefit, the UK's very own Great Wall?
With the right marketing, it could be a real winner.

Tanis8472

Regular

Milzy

Do you think that these queues of trucks which can be seen from space could be chalked up as a Brexit benefit, the UK's very own Great Wall?
With the right marketing, it could be a real winner.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
To be honest, I don't live in Dover, so it doesn't bother me as it doesn't affect me :okay:
The truth is probably not far from that for most of the population. The only things that will bother most people are large price increases and shortages, and even then some people will convince themselves that those are not due to Brexit, but either Covid or the EU trying to get back at us.

Top Bottom