Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

How about the obvious?

Less immigration.
Jobs for local people.
Not giving money to Brussels.
Border control.

You know full well what many people voted leave for and whether the reasons are justified or not we don't care!

Pick holes in the reasons all you like, it doesn't matter we're still out!
Yes, it does seem to be mostly the uncaring who still support Brexit.

Brexit was never required for three of those and the UK will be paying for access to the EU market until it rejoins, whereas as a member we could have pushed for a net zero budget even though £200m a week or even £350m is dwarfed by the £13bn a week we send to Whitehall.

Archie_tect

I used to think of he analogy of the UK leaving the EU as shooting yourself in the foot... it's more akin to knowing you are wearing socks that are a bit too tight causing bad circulation that you've been told several times to stop doing but choose not to, which will cause gangrene, but it doesn't hurt yet and it looks OK so you'll just hope for the best....

D

Deleted member 49

I used to think of he analogy of the UK leaving the EU as shooting yourself in the foot... it's more akin to knowing you are wearing socks that are a bit too tight causing bad circulation that you've been told several times to stop doing but choose not to, which will cause gangrene, but it doesn't hurt yet and it looks OK so you'll just hope for the best....
At least the socks might be made in UK....in the next 10/20 years or so 🙄

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59028141
Wales overwhelmingly voted for Brexit didn't they....I suppose at least some were prepared for this 🙄
Winning bigly!
It’s a double whammy because there is noticeably leas going through Dover* too….

*whose MP voted for Brexit…the Turkey that voted for Christmas AND as a coastal constituency MP that voted for more raw sewage discharges o to our beaches. It’s almost as if she really doesn’t give a fark….

Last edited:
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Of course, but I doubt that was the average leave voter’s main motivation. Even if it was, shouldn’t a bit more thought have been given to a managed transition?

Exactly..

All these situations and restrictions where we end up having or using or moving certain things around less could loosely be argued to be 'environmentally beneficial'.

But as you say it needs to be a managed transition.

Not just mess everything up, and hope that something reasonable can be clawed out of the situation..

And of course we could have done far more whilst in the EU.

In fact environment was /is one of the key drivers of much EU legislation .

Clean water for instance..

Hardly a good sign when our 'greenest gov ever' Tories are pushing through amendments to allow pollution into our seas..:eek:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
BBC is reporting that Chairman of the Office for Budget Responsibility is saying that Brexit will have greater downside than Covid for UK Economy (4% fall for Brexit, 2% for Covid).

Top Bottom