Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

The express…..arent they the ones that said we should be having torrential thunder storms and rain now…….they are wrong about everything. It also says a poll of its readers, so thats around 10 lol

But if thats your source of information, i can see why you all got your knickers in a twist.

And also it was massively pro brexit , hence the irony.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

And…they got about 10 readers, hardly a big poll was it. No matter who the paper supported, doesnt mean the readers do the same ffs. Talk about clutching at any little straw available

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Isn't this Sheppies favourite 'news'paper.??

Rightwing populist, Eurosceptic, anti 'woke'.

I understand he was pro brexit - perhaps partly based on what he read in it.

Not sure he's quite so enthusiastic about brexit now .

Maybe he even took part in the poll..??

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I love how they're now calmly and innocently laying out all the downsides of the brexit vote, as if they weren't anywhere near it, not even in the country at the time I don't suppose....

So - relying on 'trade deals' with countries such as China to compensate for the loss of free trade with The EU might not be a good idea.??

'In the light of current circumstances..'

Oh no really??
Because previously it would have been a genius one..

Would be quite funny, if it wasn't actually so horribly sad..

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...single-market-european-union-rory-stewart-spt

FishFright

And…they got about 10 readers, hardly a big poll was it. No matter who the paper supported, doesnt mean the readers do the same ffs. Talk about clutching at any little straw available

Some of the straws that us sane people cling to when discussing brexit

s-among-harvested-field-against-blue-sky_7280-2520.jpg

All uphill

I love how they're now calmly and innocently laying out all the downsides of the brexit vote, as if they weren't anywhere near it, not even in the country at the time I don't suppose....

So - relying on 'trade deals' with countries such as China to compensate for the loss of free trade with The EU might not be a good idea.??

'In the light of current circumstances..'

Oh no really??
Because previously it would have been a genius one..

Would be quite funny, if it wasn't actually so horribly sad..

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...single-market-european-union-rory-stewart-spt

Unfortunately there is no requirement for journalists and media outlets to be consistent or to own their errors. In that way they reflect their readership, don't they?

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Unfortunately there is no requirement for journalists and media outlets to be consistent or to own their errors. In that way they reflect their readership, don't they?
Given what appears to be their readers incredibly short memories, and attention spans, it's really no surprise they don't bother either.

There seems to be very little press or media accountability, as to accuracy, or even basic truth telling.

Which is of course a massive part of the problem.

Tell consumers of this media what they want to hear, reinforce prejudice, avoid complexity or nuance, enhance an unfounded sense of 'victimisation' make sure there are 'others' to blame or marginalise..

If any or all of above turns out to be unfounded..

"Oh well never mind, we've moved on now, no need to make a big deal of it"

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
This is a forum and not a mirror.

I know you can make a lot of sense and can defend your positions thoughtfully so why have a tantrum every time you post on here ?

No tantrum here fella….just stating facts. This thread and forum is all about calling out brexiters for their choices and you just did the same.

why??? I know your better than that, so why??

Mugshot

Über Member
“The express…they are wrong about everything” says the man on the Clapham omnibus.
So many to choose from here it’s like fish in a barrel.

1660406730433.jpeg

1660406784385.jpeg

DBCC6B07-3240-45D8-BACF-676E73F0E246.jpeg

Top Bottom