Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
That won't happen again after this lot.

I am pretty sure that is what was said after Thatcher. So unless you lot can find another Tony Blair (remember the only Labour leader to win since 1978) I wouldn't write off a Conservative win so quickly. The Labour party will tear itself apart during the next campaign, Keir Starmer has no control.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Kept the useless bloody Labour party out of office for 47 of the 77 years since the second world war.

As a non-Labour voter even I wouldn't say that everything Labour govts have done was all bad.

Setting up a basic welfare system and possibly a more realistic appreciation of Britain's post war place in the world would be positives.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Why anyone would want to come on any thread and try and promote the positives to brexit is beyond me.
Finding positives for Brexit has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found too difficult and not tried.

I've lost out due to Brexit and at present I can see little or no gain in return.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Finding positives for Brexit has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found too difficult and not tried.

I've lost out due to Brexit and at present I can see little or no gain in return.

some people will see positives, to which others will think they are negatives....thats the world we live. not everyone will agree.

But alienating a group of people, just because they made a different life choice/decision than remainers, is not the right way top go about things. BUT, thats what this forum did and not only here, but also the other place and that why it was annexed off. But those remainers will never admit to it and will just blame brexiteers for the issues. Its all brexits fault they will say, but brexit didnt force them to abuse brexiteers, it was done by choice.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Because British exceptionalism has fcukkedd the economy via Brexit, we've pi55ed-off most of our friends and allies whilst still thinking and acting like we're king of the hill. So when the brown stuff hits the rotating object we're up schitt creek.

We're a small island nation of limited resources, and a consumer led service-based economy with amongst the poorest productivity. The standing of our financial services industry has kept us afloat many a year is less solid since Brexit. Exports to our biggest market are down thanks to Brexit. Our Science and Technology leadership in many areas has also been buggered by Brexit. We are short of workers in many sectors of industry. We are in thrall to house prices. We have had populist leaders that are prepared to renege on international deals and lie through their teeth to their people. All those things for which the UK was held in high regard have been schatt-on. The world can see that UK politics with its FPTP electoral system is failing. They can also see not just a moral and leadership vacuum, not just in government but in Parliament. Where once we are were the sick man of Europe, we are now becoming the sick man of the world, performing poorly, deeply divided, unloved and clueless.
Why would anyone invest in the UK?

Pleased to hear it is not all bad news ;)

AndyRM

Elder Goth
some people will see positives, to which others will think they are negatives....thats the world we live. not everyone will agree.

But alienating a group of people, just because they made a different life choice/decision than remainers, is not the right way top go about things. BUT, thats what this forum did and not only here, but also the other place and that why it was annexed off. But those remainers will never admit to it and will just blame brexiteers for the issues. Its all brexits fault they will say, but brexit didnt force them to abuse brexiteers, it was done by choice.

That just isn't true IMO. NACA became its own thing, as I understand it, because it was taking up pretty much all the time of the moderators on CC.

And I don't really see any particular abuse of Brexiteers, despite my 'flagrant' language. I think it's just mystifying that we are in the situation we are in as a nation, despite the positives we were promised which now we need to wait for 40 years to kick in or something, and the obvious and catastrophic damage that is being done currently.

That's not just some dramatic statement either, the economy has fallen off a cliff. And it's not me moaning. It's just facts.

The UK economy has grown by 3.8% since the referendum. The EU? 8.5%. Inflation is through the roof.

Did COVID play a part? Yes, of course it did. But the EU's recovery, which is also ongoing, has been far more robust and well organised than ours. But yeah, we can stop Norwegians floating about in the North Sea or something like that.

jowwy

Ive heard it all now…….man phones into lbc and blames brexit for our lack of water and you farkers call brexiteers thick. Ffs

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Nick Ferrari is a racist f*ckwitted moron. He's thick as mince. And that's doing a disservice to mince.

jowwy

Nick Ferrari is a racist f*ckwitted moron. He's thick as mince. And that's doing a disservice to mince.

Yup everyone else is thick except remainers right……….but its brexit fault its not raining ffs

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yup everyone else is thick except remainers right……….but its brexit fault its not raining ffs

Did I say that? No.

I haven't, and I never have.

However, Nick Ferrari is thick as f*ck and a documented racist. He's a pathetic, hack journalist.

jowwy

Did I say that? No.

I haven't, and I never have.

However, Nick Ferrari is thick as f*ck and a documented racist. He's a pathetic, hack journalist.

And the guy that rang into the show, is sooooo clever lol

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yeah, stop dissing mince!

I do like mince. Mea culpa - a Scottish colloquialism. Popular in the North East of England too apparently, as my friend Dan used it to describe Harry Redknapp, when we were having a chat earlier. Apparently, on some random celebrity quiz show the other night he reckoned that Bruce Willis was the fella who took down the first Predator.

Now, I get that not everyone has seen every film, but it's not like Predator's some French art house effort.

Top Bottom