Main CC forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

I'm sure many readers of this forum agree, me included, but the reality is that the tone of many discussions on here alienates all but the shoutiest of contributors. There will be many readers from the main CC forum who would like to comment but find the response from other posters off-putting. And I'm talking about the snarkiness not just the f'ing and blinding. It's a situation that predates the latest Tourettes-like outbursts that we are currently enjoying. It must be how many members like it though, or they wouldn't participate.

I've looked in here a few times, but have decided on balance that it's not for me.
All this can be seen on the general internet you know? No need to be a member to read some of the puerile sewage which seems to pour untapped from some correspondents. This in turn reflects rather badly on the main site, in my opinion.
From a brief look-round I would surmise that you could do with a good few more members from the main site. You're not going to attract them with the furniture this way arranged. Open the windows at least, and maybe give the walls a coat of magnolia. Ehm; two coats.
Best of luck with things.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
The lack of new members has always been a thing, it's not a recent development. You're right though; there is absolutely nothing on here to attract folk over from the main CC site. I think some people do prefer it that way though.

It's a shame because we have had some good discussions on here, even when the topics have been contentious or emotive.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Just in the interests of accuracy, and to avoid alternative truths, here are the results of the Moderation Poll carried out after the site was set up.

Just 29% preferred an unmoderated forum, 71% favoured some form of moderation.
  • Yes - moderation based on the rules of CycleChat​

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Yes - moderation but only for the most egregious of posts (racism, swearing, nudity etc)​

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • No moderation - anything goes we are all adults and know what we signed up for.​

Votes: 12 28.6%

Bazzer

Of course they like it, thats why they all voted for an unmoderated forum…..they want the ability to abuse any contributor that doesnt agree with or is unwilling to play their games. It was all set up for remoaners to come and vent about brexiters and call them racist thicko’s. But when they get it shoved back up their arses, they cry fowl, put people on ignore and then cry even more when membership dwindles…..
Your myopia to the wider forum and the associated forum, reflected in many of your responses to contributors, is staggering.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Your myopia to the wider forum and the associated forum, reflected in many of your responses to contributors, is staggering.

And its staggering how people want to keep blaming me, when its been like this since the forum started. I just added to it. To be fair though i have been a member of the wider forum for over 10yrs and its only recently we have had issues over there too………

i mean on the main forum last week i got a load of abuse for watering my garden. I mean come on, that is taking the piss. Especially when i live in an area with no drought or hosepipe bans……

Beebo

Veteran
And its staggering how people want to keep blaming me, when its been like this since the forum started. I just added to it. To be fair though i have been a member of the wider forum for over 10yrs and its only recently we have had issues over there too………

i mean on the main forum last week i got a load of abuse for watering my garden. I mean come on, that is taking the piss. Especially when i live in an area with no drought or hosepipe bans……

I’ve stayed out of this one for a long time.

But Jowwy, even you must recognise that you have a tendency to hold positions that appear antagonist to most reasonable folk.
And you could start an argument with yourself in a locked room.
I’ve come to the conclusion that you are one of lifes malcontents.
I would never block your postings but I frequently ignore them.

Last edited:

Beebo

Veteran
Your garden DIY thread is a case in point.
It was an interesting thread, why set fire to it in such a manner.
I’m sure you gained great satisfaction from the work you did in your garden, and were rightly proud to show it off.
If someone has a go at you for watering it, just state the facts and move on. No need to get into a huge argument over it.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I’m sure you gained great satisfaction from the work you did in your garden, and were rightly proud to show it off.
If someone has a go at you for watering it, just state the facts and move on. No need to get into a huge argument over it.

Set fire it my garden thread……are farking stupid, some prick came on there and moaned like a bitch because i dared to water my garden and you say i set fire too it. Are you that farking stupid that you cant see other peoples farking stupidty. I even got a PM from a mod agreeing with my position and you still say i set fire to the thread….why have i always got to be the one to move on, why not call out the prick who actually started the farking argument??? Or is that going against the grain too much for you farking bunch of pricks.

what a prick

its funny that you say i should make my point and move on, yet you made your point and then came back to make a second one. Why not listen to your own advice……

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Some of you want to get your heads from out of your arses and give you eyes some farking daylight…..because all some of you can see is bullshit all day. farking clowns

Bazzer

No it hasn't been like this since the forum started. Some threads have become heated, but that is no different to what used to happen in the old NACA. But you seem to revel in toxic, or well poisoning responses. For example; dragging Brexit into a cricket thread, commenting about @Fab Foodie 's lack of knowledge about solar heating, (something I am sure everyone else on CC is very familiar with - not), in an unrelated thread, and what seemed to me at least, reasonable comments from @AuroraSaab gets a response referencing shoving up arses.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I mean you lot are that farking thick, you make pigs look clever……..let me give you a little tip for your tiny little brains.

If you stop replying to my posts, i may, but only may just dissappear, because you lot are that boring and thick, i may just stop interacting with your small little minds and go away. But you all cant help yourselves, you want to keep commenting and dragging me back, because in truth you all farking like it.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

No it hasn't been like this since the forum started. Some threads have become heated, but that is no different to what used to happen in the old NACA. But you seem to revel in toxic, or well poisoning responses. For example; dragging Brexit into a cricket thread, commenting about @Fab Foodie 's lack of knowledge about solar heating, (something I am sure everyone else on CC is very familiar with - not), in an unrelated thread, and what seemed to me at least, reasonable comments from @AuroraSaab gets a response referencing shoving up arses.

Theres no cricket or solar thread in here…….think your on the wrong site. Another thicko who cant keep the two places seperate. Engage brain before mouth retard.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I mean you lot are that farking thick, you make pigs look clever……..let me give you a little tip for your tiny little brains.

If you stop replying to my posts, i may, but only may just dissappear, because you lot are that boring and thick, i may just stop interacting with your small little minds and go away. But you all cant help yourselves, you want to keep commenting and dragging me back, because in truth you all farking like it.

You are aware that pigs are very intelligent creatures?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

And just say you know…..i personally deleted all the photos in my garden thread and wrote an email to shaun and the mods to have it locked. Just in case you think they locked it due to the idiots crying about me watering my garden.

Top Bottom