Kwasi economics....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

I'm of immigrant heritage and I won't be moving to work. I may even be thought of as a scumbag. Pleb, definitely.

There goes the neighbourhood.

Thought you were retiring there so wouldn't need to work?

Both Stone and Eccleshall are around 97% White and are parrish councils with either Tory or independents taking up the seats.

Both lovely places (I have friends in Stone) but a far cry from typical Left wing areas I would imagine?

Seems another case of fighting for something as long as it's not on my doorstep.

Last edited by a moderator:

albion

Guru
Far better than some sh*thole council estate full of crackheads and thieves, yes I grew up on one before you ask.

We knew.

Both lovely places (I have friends in Stone) but a far cry from typical Left wing areas I would imagine?
I don’t know what you mean by a typical left wing area. Actually, think I do but it’s just meaningless nonsense, isn’t it?

Seems another case of fighting for something as long as it's not on my doorstep.
I want the same things in your town as my own. I’m against prejudice, poverty, and pollution.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
I'm of immigrant heritage and I won't be moving to work. I may even be thought of as a scumbag. Pleb, definitely.

There goes the neighbourhood.

We could found a New Town for the common man, Plebury. Just an ordinary common or garden kind of nowhere. Everyone would know their place. Buildings could be designed in some kind of down-at-heel, semi-derilict vernacular. Jonathan Meades might make a program about it. Everything would be commonplace. There would be a station, nobody would be above it, but we'd all know how to go on.
Plebury, where average is just about enough to be a success....

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Far better than some sh*thole council estate full of crackheads and thieves, yes I grew up on one before you ask.

Council estate house!

You were lucky. My parents would have killed for a council house with a bathroom and an inside lav when we were growing up.

Let's all play "who had it toughest growing up and look how well I came out of it".

D

Deleted member 28

Council estate house!

You were lucky. My parents would have killed for a council house with a bathroom and an inside lav when we were growing up.

Let's all play "who had it toughest growing up and look how well I came out of it".

You can't help being a c**k can you?

Your the one with the pension 'just below the 40% bracket " if I recall, bet you're not still living in your 'no bathroom ' house now are you?

Can't see the point you're making to be honest?

D

Deleted member 28

I don’t know what you mean by a typical left wing area. Actually, think I do but it’s just meaningless nonsense, isn’t it?

I want the same things in your town as my own. I’m against prejudice, poverty, and pollution.

I doubt you'll be crying out for an influx of immigrants to Stone though will you?

Opening up a refuge or foodbank next door I bet.

I doubt you'll be crying out for an influx of immigrants to Stone though will you?
‘Crying out’ is a bit odd, but welcoming doesn’t sound too difficult. Why not?

Opening up a refuge or foodbank next door I bet.
An internet search reveals that there already is a food bank run by the Community Hub. Will you join me in donating a tenner?

Ian H

Guru
Devon and Cornwall are mostly Tory, despite low wages, seasonal unemployment, and unaffordable housing. At least this constituency turned Libdem recently, though that might not last.
In general it's a hotbed of rural conservativism.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Devon and Cornwall are mostly Tory, despite low wages, seasonal unemployment, and unaffordable housing. At least this constituency turned Libdem recently, though that might not last.
In general it's a hotbed of rural conservativism.

There are pockets of resistance....

ikdo01

Fd4_nEYWQAMfByc.jpeg

Top Bottom