Jubilee - celebrate, ignore or bemoan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Exactly. Solid, reliable, useful, attractive, unlikely to be a sex offender.

Someone hasn't seen The Evil Dead! :ohmy:

matticus

Guru
Seems like the Royals are a great distraction from the many wealthy, corrupt, selfish people with power and influence who are doing genuine harm to this country (most of whom inherited their privilege and/or status).

I wouldn't even put Prince Charles in the first thousand to be up against the wall when The Revolution comes.

D

Deleted member 28

Been to Leek today on a scooter rally and the entire town seems to be behind the celebrations for the jubilee with bunting and flags in abundance, not sure if Leek is particularly 'English' or Tory or what but it was nice to see.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Been to Leek today on a scooter rally

images.jpeg

Not really how I pictured Shep, but you live and learn.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
How many pints of half-and-half can it carry?

D

Deleted member 49

Seems like the Royals are a great distraction from the many wealthy, corrupt, selfish people with power and influence who are doing genuine harm to this country (most of whom inherited their privilege and/or status).

I wouldn't even put Prince Charles in the first thousand to be up against the wall when The Revolution comes.
"Above all, the existence of a hereditary monarchy helps to prop up all the privilege and patronage that corrupts our society; that is why the crown is seen as being of such importance to those who run the country - or enjoy the privileges it affords"
Tony Benn.

Top Bottom