F*ck the Tories: a Thread Dedicated to Suella Braverman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
No, I didn't, but I'm not sure you appreciate that Buck Angel leans towards the gender critical side of things rather than the Transwomen Are Women/Transmen are Men side of things. I have some issues with Buck but I don't think they would disagree with anything I've said in this thread. They certainly don't think men should be in women's sports, and they get a lot of abuse for not falling into line with the Stonewall-type ideology on gender.

D

Deleted member 49

Did you really think in the context of this thread that anyone would think I had posted a picture of a cis man? Jokes don't always need explaining.
There's me thinking you liked Right said Fred.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
No, I didn't, but I'm not sure you appreciate that Buck Angel leans towards the gender critical side of things rather than the Transwomen Are Women/Transmen are Men side of things. I have some issues with Buck but I don't think they would disagree with anything I've said in this thread. They certainly don't think men should be in women's sports, and they get a lot of abuse for not falling into line with the Stonewall-type ideology on gender.

Which public toilet should he use, and which category should he compete in if he wants to enter a bike race?

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Which public toilet should he use, and which category should he compete in if he wants to enter a bike race?

Female category for sports because sports are played by bodies not gender identities. As for toilets, I presume Buck uses the mens. Of course, being female, Buck is the same safeguarding risk as any other woman, ie close to zero. Unlike males in female spaces who, regardless of how they look, are the same risk to women and girls as any other man.

You would have to ask men how they feel about Buck using their toilets, changing rooms etc. It's up to them whether they feel comfortable with transmen present.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

Maybe jokes do need explaining.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

It seems horrible to say it, but I would love to see Buck Angel absolutely destroy a load of cis women in a bike race.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
You would have to ask men how they feel about Buck using their toilets, changing rooms etc. It's up to them whether they feel comfortable with transmen present

But you'd also welcome him in the women's, I guess, should he prefer to change there - which seems possible, as you say he 'leans toward the gender critical side of things'? Do you think everybody would? I'm just trying to unpick it, because you said it was simple but it doesn't seem especially simple to me.

OP
OP
Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Female category for sports because sports are played by bodies not gender identities. As for toilets, I presume Buck uses the mens. Of course, being female, Buck is the same safeguarding risk as any other woman, ie close to zero. Unlike males in female spaces who, regardless of how they look, are the same risk to women and girls as any other man.

You would have to ask men how they feel about Buck using their toilets, changing rooms etc. It's up to them whether they feel comfortable with transmen present.

I wonder how females would feel about being up against Buck in a cycle race. Would testosterone be an issue? There's quite a male physique there.

As a (cis) man I'd not turn a hair at him being in the Gents. If transition has given him a prosthetic penis he can stand in the stalls. Otherwise he can go in private in the cubicles.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
It seems horrible to say it, but I would love to see Buck Angel absolutely destroy a load of cis women in a bike race.

Would you? What a weird thing to say. The only reason 60 year old Buck would beat a similar woman of the same age and fitness is because they take testosterone. They probably take it at levels that would get them banned for doping in cycling. Otherwise Buck has no physiological advantage over any other woman of similar age and level of fitness because, obviously, they don't have a male body and all the advantages that brings to sport.

It's really odd that you think a very stereotypically-masculine looking woman would somehow have male sporting advantage. Do you think that of all non-feminine looking women?

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I wonder how females would feel about being up against Buck in a cycle race. Would testosterone be an issue? There's quite a male physique there.

As a (cis) man I'd not turn a hair at him being in the Gents. If transition has given him a prosthetic penis he can stand in the stalls. Otherwise he can go in private in the cubicles.

Bit surprised but not bothered when they are informed Buck is male, I would imagine. I'm not aware of any complaints about transmen continuing to play in women's sports teams. They aren't allowed testosterone though. They seem reluctant to switch to the men's category funnily enough and their sports happily accept them. I think most men would accept transwomen in their sports. In fact Emily Bridges was on the podium with 3 team mates winning a medal only a few weeks ago.

Yes, I would think even a maintenance dose of testosterone would be in excess of that allowed for women. Transwomen have to lower their testosterone to a certain level to compete, but it's still way above what women are allowed to have. And it doesn't negate the other residual physical advantages.

Top Bottom