Cruella Braverman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Administrative Court has ruled the Rwanda scheme lawful but with some caveats about how people are chosen including a direction to review the cases of those already selected.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2022/3230.html

Joshua Rozenberg was intending to put up some commentary on his 'A Lawyer Writes' blog shortly after 10:30. It has yet to appear which makes me think the decision is more nuanced than the headline suggests.

Does it mean that each and every decision taken by the Home Secretary will be liable to appeal about both the outcome and the process? In terms of legal challenge is that any different to a decision taken by a nameless bureaucrat?

D

Deleted member 28

Can the gammons

'Gammons '

You looked in the mirror lately, you fat, pink f**ker.

Does it mean that each and every decision taken by the Home Secretary will be liable to appeal about both the outcome and the process? In terms of legal challenge is that any different to a decision taken by a nameless bureaucrat?

Interesting opinion here from the legal blogger David Allen Green.

In brief the challenge to the policy itself was always a tall order. Challenging individual decisions on the other hand....

Getting those into a state that will pass muster at a court will stretch Home Office resources to their limit and cost a fortune.

C R

Über Member
Interesting opinion here from the legal blogger David Allen Green.

In brief the challenge to the policy itself was always a tall order. Challenging individual decisions on the other hand....

Getting those into a state that will pass muster at a court will stretch Home Office resources to their limit and cost a fortune.

And feeds Ms Braverman's shtick of the lefty interfering lawyers interfering with "the will of the people" and costing the country a fortune. More fodder for what passes for the press in here :sad:.

And feeds Ms Braverman's shtick of the lefty interfering lawyers interfering with "the will of the people" and costing the country a fortune. More fodder for what passes for the press in here :sad:.

I’m cynical enough to believe that actually sending folk to Rwanda was never the main aim. It’s an attempt to gee up their unthinking demographic and portray decent people as weak, feeble and unpatriotic. Starmer and most of his front bench have cleverly countered this, of course, by being just as vile and authoritarian as the Tories.

D

Deleted member 28

I must have missed where the OP made a direct aggressive personal attack on a forum member. At the moment the only person I can find doing that is you?

You only mentioned the 'nothing nice to say' thing not about who it was particularly aimed at.

Old 'toomuchfoodie' continually posts insulting 'quips' about people with his hilarious thread titles, not to mention his favoured 'gammon ' reference.

Live by the sword, as they say.

icowden

Legendary Member
You only mentioned the 'nothing nice to say' thing not about who it was particularly aimed at.
Old 'toomuchfoodie' continually posts insulting 'quips' about people with his hilarious thread titles, not to mention his favoured 'gammon ' reference.
Live by the sword, as they say.
So, you saw the word Gammon and automatically assumed it meant you?
Honestly? I think that says more about you than @Fab Foodie

Anyway, if you can pick your toys back up and put them in the pram, that would be nice...^_^

D

Deleted member 28

So, you saw the word Gammon and automatically assumed it meant you?
Not at all because I neither resemble one or react like one whereas looking at pictures of the foodlemeister he certainly seems to resemble the description.

As a side note I never even realised the term existed 'till I read it on here so when I saw a picture of said poster and knowing what they are supposed to look like it seemed really rather ironic.

Top Bottom