Cruella Braverman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
Shocking news of more deaths in the channel on a freezing morning.

And we still have no legal routes for asylum seekers to enter the UK.

Blood on the hands of Braverman.

D

Deleted member 28

4 dead so far. Can the gammons not contemplate the kind if desperation that drives people into the channel in this weather?

Why not stay on dry land until it warms up a bit?

How unsafe was it in the previous countries these people have travelled through in order to freeze to death doing the last 20 odd mile.

Surely they can wait a while?

Oh no of course they can't because that's not the path they've chosen, they have to do what the people smugglers they've chosen to pay say.

She's correct that's why.

She has the power- but not the will - to provide safe legal routes and to begin application processes and screening abroad.

Braverman has also been a cheerleader for reducing cooperation with our European neighbours, including structures and agreements relating to law enforcement. International criminal gangs will only be defeated by effective cross border policing.

icowden

Legendary Member
Why not stay on dry land until it warms up a bit?
I'm sure they asked the people trafficking them if they could have a couple of weeks for Christmas before trying to cross, and I'm sure the traffickers did their best to find hotels, B&Bs etc and some holiday money, but ultimately they may just have told them to get in the effing boat or else.

We will never know.

• Sad
Reactions: C R
The Administrative Court has ruled the Rwanda scheme lawful but with some caveats about how people are chosen including a direction to review the cases of those already selected.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2022/3230.html

Joshua Rozenberg was intending to put up some commentary on his 'A Lawyer Writes' blog shortly after 10:30. It has yet to appear which makes me think the decision is more nuanced than the headline suggests.

Top Bottom