Concentration camps and global warming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
It looked 100% marketing to me.
The Tesla NDA on repairs looks very suspicious.

People are reporting multiple engine replacements, the engines lasting 18,000 to 125,000 for one person who needed at least 11 new engines. These cars still need power, so until all if it is green energy then nothing has changed.

icowden

Legendary Member
The Tesla NDA on repairs looks very suspicious.

It looked pretty factual to me:
Master Plan 1 - Completed around 2016 (give or take)
  • Create low volume car (expensive) - Roadster
  • Create medium volume car (expensive) Tesla S / X
  • Create affordable high volume car - Tesla 3 (note - it's affordable in the US compared to here)
  • Provide solar power - Tesla power wall and solar panels

Master Plan 2:
  • Create solar roof (now available in some countries)
  • Expand to cover other forms of transport (Cybertruck, Tesla Semi)
  • Full Self Drive (self driving 10x safer than manual)
  • Enable your car to make money for you when you aren't using it.
So he's half way through master plan 2 and working on Master Plan 3 - scaling to shift the energy and transport infrastructure of the planet.

By driving the uptake of EVs, Musk has caused massive investment and research into battery technology. Batteries are going to get better and easier to make, use less rare metals etc. This is still the start of the EV phase. The Model A Ford was built in 1903 - we are now 120 years later. Fuel technology has changed and improved, engines also - but we are now killing the planet as we have about 1.4 billion ICE vehicles in the world pumping out greenhouse gasses but only around 10 million EVs.

We need to reduce the numbers and reduce the gasses. Musk may be an oddball but he has delivered on his plan so far, as well as developing SpaceX with (again) a focus on re-using, not just building new every time.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
My thoughts turned to why Tesla motors failed so fast. With trains, it is inclines that fast kill an engine.
Traditional cars use gears to efficiently reduce the strain do is it that gearless electric engines have an inherent deficiency?

Where did I say different?

Why do you have to assume that I am in favour of some draconian system, when I never suggested any such thing?

I didn't assume anything, just prompting you to suggest some ideas you may have on how to achieve reduced humans. Suggesting that population control might be a good idea, begs some tough questions....
Wondered if you had any answers....

Last edited:
So I don't have any understanding of the agricultural world. I assume these cattle will be sold off once they've been slaughtered?

But surely that means an increase in milk imports?

The article states that 90% of cheese and butter produced in Ireland is exported which suggest they have a very big surplus of milk, and hence dairy cattle way above their needs. Ireland also exports a lot of beef too, again producing a surplus.

But, however you cut-it, we need to get used to a world with very, very reduced supplies and consumption of beef and dairy...and it needs to happen now, and needs to happen quickly - See 'Running-ùp that hill' thread....

GUYS! Motoring threads are ------->
or
<--------------

This one is about cows, not cars....

FishFright

The problem is, when all this electronic, internet powered stuff becomes self aware, we're in a Terminator style hellscape. We're dooming humanity.

I , for one, welcome our impeding overlords.

Let's face it would be hard for them to make as bad a job as humans have.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I , for one, welcome our impeding overlords.

Let's face it would be hard for them to make as bad a job as humans have.

As do I. It's better to welcome, and accept them, early doors, than wait until it's too late and we have to somehow invent time travel.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I didn't assume anything, just prompting you to suggest some ideas you may have on how to achieve reduced humans. Suggesting that population control might be a good idea, begs some tough questions....
Wondered if you had any answers....

Answers? Probably not, in detail, but:

Coercion rarely works in the long term, so, education, and, changing attitudes is the way forward.
Population growth is not a uniform problem across the globe. International cooperation would be required, so, it is unlikely to happen (IMHO), this may be unfortunate, but, sometimes, life sucks.

I would like the climate problems to be solved peaceably and sensibly, but, human history suggests to me that is not will happen, war, disease, famine, are more likely outcomes. I am not happy about that, but, that is my expectation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom