Climate Crisis: Are we doing enough?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Personally, I don't see how her views on climate change would make her unfit to practice medicine, don't they have any REAL doubtful characters to weed out?

And it's not like we are short of GPs or anything...

Milzy

Many years ago I was a skeptic. There’s certainly more rain coming down every year so that is enough evidence. What happened with the Dubai flooding? I’ve never seen anything like it. Could it be cloud seeding techniques?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Not particularly surprising considering it's the kind of unsubstantiated nonsense which Milzy deals in.

matticus

Guru
Will the GMC act unethically on a very ethical GP?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv20p4e1zy5o.amp
This is deeply sh1t.
Subsequent news stories are very vague, with some implying the GMC have already sanctioned her in some way, but it's all fuzzy (what I can find).

Meanwhile, lots of Doctors are showing their displeasure at the GMC:
https://extinctionrebellion.uk/2024...le-on-medical-regulators-inaction-on-climate/
(I *think* this demo was a co-incidence, in that the group were already unhappy with GMC over other stuff:

Doctors belonging to the Planetary Health Coalition have joined together with members of the public today ( 18 April) to demonstrate outside the General Medical Council (GMC) in protest at its lack of leadership over climate change’s dangerous implications for public health.

matticus

Guru
Personally, I don't see how her views on climate change would make her unfit to practice medicine, don't they have any REAL doubtful characters to weed out?

It seems the GMC assess EVERYONE that gets prosectued, but mostly let them back into medecine. This includes some sex-offenders ...

matticus

Guru
I don't think it correct to make what sounds a wild claim like that without posting the evidence.

Which bit? I'm not really bothered by the GMC's approach generally - feel free to post your views, with or without evidence.

But I AM bothered if they punish climate protestors, as that doesn't affect patients, and the medical staff are protesting TO IMPROVE HEALTH OF ALL PATIENTS.
(sorry for CAPS!)

monkers

Guru
Which bit? I'm not really bothered by the GMC's approach generally - feel free to post your views, with or without evidence.

But I AM bothered if they punish climate protestors, as that doesn't affect patients, and the medical staff are protesting TO IMPROVE HEALTH OF ALL PATIENTS.
(sorry for CAPS!)

The bit where you start or promote the conspiracy theory that our doctors include convicted sex offenders who the GMC let off. You'll have the likes of CXRAndy repeating it all over his other social media. Then it'll be on GB news, then they'll be a public inquiry costing the tax payer another £50bn before it's found to be baseless. Yes I'm exaggerating, but it's reckless.

Top Bottom