Bye Bye Democracy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
(Moved to a more appropriate thread.)

So. No real evidence.

Unfortunately not. The Electoral Commission are legally prevented from using the most obvious evidence gathering methods on this. That leaves us using common sense or trusting JRM, I guess.

electoral law did not allow polling station staff to collect demographic information about individuals who were turned away.

The report acknowledges the difficulty in estimating numbers for those that were keen to vote but didn’t attempt to do so, presumably knowing that they did not have the necessary ID.

https://www.electoralcommission.org...ct-of-the-voter-id-requirement-on-polling-day

IMG_3779.jpeg

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...al-and-disability-discrimination-report-finds

albion

Guru
It is that time of year again, the US preparing for financial shutdown.

Far more uncertain this time, with the tame GOP, nearly all under the influence of Trump.

albion

Guru
https://www.theguardian.com/educati...es-on-education-critics-social-media-activity

'At least nine experts have uncovered files held on them, some as long as 60 pages. One individual even discovered the department had compiled an Excel spreadsheet in which officials had detailed who she interacted with.

Officials at the DfE also tried to cancel a conference because two of the scheduled speakers had previously criticised government policy.

Ruth Swailes and Aaron Bradbury, co-authors of a bestselling book on early childhood, were told by the organisers of a government-sponsored event for childminders and nursery workers, which they were due to speak at in March, that the DfE planned to cancel the conference just days before it opened because they were deemed to be “unsuitable” headline speakers.'

Reads extremely sinister.

Last edited:

multitool

Shaman
Current events at the Tory conference have an end of democracy carnival feel for me - the blatant lying and scapegoating as the far right celebrate their new-found freedom. I've had grave doubts for a long time but I no longer believe we will have free and fair elections.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The CPC 2023 is the peanut gallery. If you look closely you'll see no self-respecting MP is in attendance. They are all staying away. This is the rump of the party all posturing as to who will take over when Labour smash the Tories to pieces at the next election. Its the populist loons trying to appeal to the only people left in the room, who are also loons (with Farage strolling around, playing them like a fiddle)

The Conservative Party is, if you like, having its Corbyn moment.

Last edited:

albion

Guru
Current events at the Tory conference have an end of democracy carnival feel for me - the blatant lying and scapegoating as the far right celebrate their new-found freedom. I've had grave doubts for a long time but I no longer believe we will have free and fair elections.

No, the system is fine, apart from the ID attempt at disenfranchising a fair percentage. However, I suspect Brexit and other sins will ensure a good turnout, even if the usual themes at large are encouraging a 'don't bother voting'.
And just maybe, the demented oil brains are helping turnout too.

Top Bottom