Bojo on good form

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can’t help but wonder if they have gone a bit early.
I’d wait until after the two by-elections

Good point, but two weeks of grumbling and speculation about about a VONC to go before then, maybe they fear the damage could be worst. Also we don't know how-many votes have been sent-in, it could be a lot.
Boris' psyche will say: Have vote, Win vote, Accept Full Responsibility, Put matter behind us, Focus on the big issues as the country expects yadda yadda lie, obfuscate etc....

icowden

Legendary Member
Good point, but two weeks of grumbling and speculation about about a VONC to go before then, maybe they fear the damage could be worst. Also we don't know how-many votes have been sent-in, it could be a lot.
The statement said 54 letters. The real question is how many Tory MPs will support him in the secret ballot. It may be that even the ones openly supporting will vote against when no-one is watching.

The statement said 54 letters. The real question is how many Tory MPs will support him in the secret ballot. It may be that even the ones openly supporting will vote against when no-one is watching.

54 is the minimum to trigger the vote. He doesn't need to say more than that even if there are 100 letters.
The fact that today is D-Day* makes the matter even more amusing.....

*78th anniversary.

One by one the fleas are leaving increasingly stinking big dog....
Penrose (for those of a certain age) the anti corruption champion for the Tories has resigned over BJ's breaking of the ministerial code.
Hunt is saying to vote against BJ to save the next election

BJ trying to use Ukraine as his defence...pitiful....

icowden

Legendary Member
Penrose (for those of a certain age) the anti corruption champion for the Tories has resigned over BJ's breaking of the ministerial code.
I did see a fascinating thing whereby Johnson's advisor on matters such as the ministerial code could not advise him on rewriting the ministerial code as he would then have to have resigned due to breaching the ministerial code!

I did see a fascinating thing whereby Johnson's advisor on matters such as the ministerial code could not advise him on rewriting the ministerial code as he would then have to have resigned due to breaching the ministerial code!

And who said satire is dead....

That was Geidt, I think. He said he didn't want the system to lose credibility :wacko:

Top Bottom