Bojo on good form

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member

The Queen is renowned for her sense of humour...

mudsticks

Squire
The Queen is renowned for her sense of humour...

Screenshot_20220603-153502.png

D

Deleted member 28

I'm not sure you understand how this works Shep?

If Boris loses a vote of no confidence, it doesn't mean we have a general election. It just means that we might get someone in charge who is marginally more competent (although less is also a possibility)

Also - a lot of the people that want rid of this government are not "lefties" but middle-of-the-roadies.

Thanks, never knew that.

So the Tories will still be in power?

Doh.

All uphill

The minister for culture missed out a question mark.

7/10, Must do better.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Can someone tell me what sanctions against Johnson there would be if he lost a vote of confidence but simply refused to accept it? I assume Tory rules don't have legal force. It's a possible scenario that I haven't seen discussed.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Can someone tell me what sanctions against Johnson there would be if he lost a vote of confidence but simply refused to accept it? I assume Tory rules don't have legal force. It's a possible scenario that I haven't seen discussed.

Even Johnson would not try something like that.

D

Deleted member 49

Was thinking the same and reading this....
How likely is Johnson to survive a confidence vote?
While it is “relatively easy to see” how rebel Conservative MPs could whip up enough support for 54 letters to be submitted to the 1922 Committee, triggering a confidence vote, it is “much harder to see” how they would reach the 180 votes needed to oust Johnson in such an event, writes The Times’s associate political editor Henry Zeffman.

The prime minister is likely to muster at least 140 votes from MPs on the government “payroll” – that is Cabinet ministers, junior ministers, and parliamentary private secretaries – and so it looks “much likelier that Johnson will win but suffer the indignity of a large chunk of his own MPs visibly turning against him.”

If Johnson was able to secure a majority in the event of a no-confidence vote this would theoretically grant him immunity from further challenges to his leadership for another year, “potentially giving him time to steady the ship, rebuild alliances and strengthen his grip over the parliamentary party”, said The Independent.

Now's the time boys and girls, if the Tories can't be overcome after all this then there really isn't a hope in hell's chance of a victory for you lefties.

Apart from all the gerrymandering and indirectly stopping poorer people from voting I wonder what other undemocratic tricks will this government be trying come election time?

Top Bottom