Arthur Labinjo-Hughes: A life cut short by cruelty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Absolutely, we all have a vent threshold, I get pretty annoyed with child murderers, and some people get pretty pissed off when they can't complete their meal deal in Tesco Metro.
Different things arouse different emotional responses in different people. Which is partly why I think we should separate criminal sentencing from emotion as far as possible.

D

Deleted member 28

"The government have got Bradford social services in their sights."

For a start this fukcing piss shitt bastard government should be held to account for stripping billions of £££ out of the very services that are there to protect children and other vulnerable people.
No kids ever abused under the Labour government then?

Are you so bitter everything in life that goes wrong is down to the Tories, get a grip man.

No kids ever abused under the Labour government then?

Are you so bitter everything in life that goes wrong is down to the Tories, get a grip man.
Stop inventing things that nobody has said and instead consider a simple question. Has the effectiveness of local authority social services departments been enhanced or diminished by funding reductions in the last ten years?

(We don’t know for sure that resource limitations are definitely to blame in any of the recent high profile murder cases, but it does look like a pattern is emerging, doesn’t it?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

Stop inventing things that nobody has said and instead consider a simple question. Has the effectiveness of local authority social services departments been enhanced or diminished by funding reductions in the last ten years?

(We don’t know for sure that resource limitations are definitely to blame in any of the recent high profile murder cases, but it does like a pattern is emerging, doesn’t it?)
How do I know, did it improve during the last Labour tenure?

Simple question.

D

Deleted member 28

"The government have got Bradford social services in their sights."

For a start this fukcing piss shitt bastard government should be held to account for stripping billions of £££ out of the very services that are there to protect children and other vulnerable people.
How about the 'fukcing piss shitt bastard person' that does this in the first place?
Should they not be held account for any of this?

D

Deleted member 28

Absolutely, we all have a vent threshold, I get pretty annoyed with child murderers, and some people get pretty pissed off when they can't complete their meal deal in Tesco Metro.
Don't start me on the unavailability of flavoured water!

D

Deleted member 28

(We don’t know for sure that resource limitations are definitely to blame in any of the recent high profile murder cases, but it does look like a pattern is emerging, doesn’t it?)
I'm not inventing anything, but to me the first reaction to have regarding this is to blame anyone other than the parents is bollox.
Would the same comment have been made if Labour were in power?

I'm not inventing anything
Are you sure?
but to me the first reaction to have regarding this is to blame anyone other than the parents
Something that nobody has said.

It is possible for the abuser and murderer to be entirely responsible for the crime but still believe that opportunities were missed that could have prevented it. It is then worth looking at reasons for those failures - resources, policies, competence and so on.

Top Bottom