Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
Take out Myanmar, Cambodia, North Korea and Somalia and the remaining countries combined have a population lower than London. North Korea is a bit of a red herring. The other three are war torn so I suspect that gun ownership is not a high priority.

I'm beginning to see that those 4 all need to improve their relationships with guns. I'd like to thank Craig for nudging me to this insight :okay:. I guess you're still a bit behind on this, but don't worry!

icowden

Legendary Member
As iCowden says, the US does not even make the top 10 in the homicide by gun list by country.
So, that means that the US is a safer country despite the huge gun ownership.
You really need to study "false correlation".

The intended purchase of thousands of assault rifles in the US is for recreation. Occasionally someone buys one to shoot people.

The intended purchase of thousands of cars in the US is for recreation. Occasionally someone buys one to run people over with.

The intended purchase of thousands of bows and arrows in the US is for recreation. Occasionally someone buys one to kill people.

The intended purchase of thousands of {insert whatever you want} in the US is for recreation. Occasionally someone buys one to kill people.

What is the difference?

Stop pretending you don't know what the difference is.

They aren't, you are not allowed to just start shooting in the street.
17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse thought otherwise. Shot and murdered 2 people with an AR 15 and was the acquitted of charges which were eventually brought against him.

Rittenhouse is now a pin up for the NRA and those who advocate recreational gun ownership without regulations and control.

Milkfloat

@Craig the cyclist Upthread you said or allude to that you cannot treat all the states the same as they have differing levels of gun abuse. That is correct, but you probably also won't be surprised to know that there are higher incidences of mass shootings in states with more relaxed gun control laws. https://www.bmj.com/content/364/bmj.l542 or for a summary https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroo...us-states-with-more-relaxed-gun-control-laws/

Some form of gun control is absolutely part of the solution.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member

Clearly, not shooting people is the problem. We'll need more guns.

Clearly, not shooting people is the problem. We'll need more guns.
5805B8CC-C993-4519-A79D-F513945F3EC0.png

As Republicans, we understand that redefining a fetus as a person will not stop it from being killed. Only one thing stops unlawful killing, and that’s concealed carry. With this in mind, the new law mandates every unborn person in Arizona will be issued his or her own handgun,” she told the mostly-empty legislative chamber.

The law specifies that the guns will be inserted into the womb after a mandatory ultrasound.

“We’re not crazy,” Yee told PNS. “We won’t give the new person his constitutionally-protected tool for self-defense until he has hands and fingers to operate it with.
https://www.pocho.com/arizona-pro-life-bill-promises-a-gun-for-every-unborn-child/

Top Bottom