Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
At the risk of polluting the thread, this morning when discussing the news with my wife on the way to work I remarked my surprise that the shooter was female as this is incredibly rare. On reading articles later in the day, it appears that the shooter was taking hormones to become a man, and this is the third such shooting by someone transitioning from female to male. Questions seem to be being asked therefore about the effect of M2F hormones on women in terms of aggression, depression etc.

In a data set of 172 mass shootings, which the group defines as involving four or more victims, only four assailants were women or girls. In two cases, women acted alongside a man.
But in recent history there have been 3 mass shootings all perpetrated by F2M transitioning girls.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
At the risk of polluting the thread, this morning when discussing the news with my wife on the way to work I remarked my surprise that the shooter was female as this is incredibly rare. On reading articles later in the day, it appears that the shooter was taking hormones to become a man, and this is the third such shooting by someone transitioning from female to male. Questions seem to be being asked therefore about the effect of M2F hormones on women in terms of aggression, depression etc.

But in recent history there have been 3 mass shootings all perpetrated by F2M transitioning girls.

4 assailants were women?, does that include the 3 mentioned in your post (bolded).

Did one or more mass shootings include two (or more) women assailants?, just a bit puzzled as the correlation between the count of "shootings" and "assailants".

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

I think it's an area to be extremely careful around when discussing these events. Partly because there will be an awful lot of confounders and causation fallacies to consider, but mostly because it is going to be, and already has been used as a handy scapegoat by the US gun lobby. It's a handy excuse to both dunk on trans people and to do nothing about the proliferation of firearms in the country and number of mass shootings.

It's almost perfect for their agenda and we must be careful not to fall into their trap.

Not that I expect MTG is reading this forum or anything, but you get my point.

BoldonLad

I think it's an area to be extremely careful around when discussing these events. Partly because there will be an awful lot of confounders and causation fallacies to consider, but mostly because it is going to be, and already has been used as a handy scapegoat by the US gun lobby. It's a handy excuse to both dunk on trans people and to do nothing about the proliferation of firearms in the country and number of mass shootings.

It's almost perfect for their agenda and we must be careful not to fall into their trap.

I doubt there are any statistically meaningful data available.

winjim

I doubt there are any statistically meaningful data available.

I think it would depend on exactly what you're looking to test and would require a skilled statistician.

I think speculation is potentially dangerous, for the reasons given above. There are other actions that could be taken to minimise gun deaths, and other ways of thinking and talking about trans teen healthcare.

It is going to be used as a distraction technique and to bolster the 'anti-woke' pro gun agenda.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

I think it would depend on exactly what you're looking to test and would require a skilled statistician.

I think speculation is potentially dangerous, for the reasons given above. There are other actions that could be taken to minimise gun deaths, and other ways of thinking and talking about trans teen healthcare.

It is going to be used as a distraction technique and to bolster the 'anti-woke' pro gun agenda.

Would not wish to do that. I can think of no sensible reason to own a gun.

as seen in the met police thread, trans groups have been rallying up about ''revenge day'' for some time so maybe it's just a combination of things and having high testorone levels doesn't really work. Guys who take testorone injections to improve their gym performance often also become aholes.

That's the same as saying you can't discus muslim extremist out of fear of giving ''the far right'' idea's spoiler it doesn't work.
Think discussing every angle is more helpfull then saying 'lets not talk about it'' alltough i think in the west it's hard to find someone to defend gun laws(in my view rightfully so)

winjim

as seen in the met police thread, trans groups have been rallying up about ''revenge day'' for some time so maybe it's just a combination of things and having high testorone levels doesn't really work. Guys who take testorone injections to improve their gym performance often also become aholes.

That's the same as saying you can't discus muslim extremist out of fear of giving ''the far right'' idea's spoiler it doesn't work.
Think discussing every angle is more helpfull then saying 'lets not talk about it'' alltough i think in the west it's hard to find someone to defend gun laws(in my view rightfully so)

I didn't say don't discuss it, I said be careful. People have been killed. Other people feel their very identities are under threat. There are political agendas at work and a very powerful pro gun lobby. Let's all try and be careful and respectful in our discussions.

mudsticks

Squire
I didn't say don't discuss it, I said be careful. People have been killed. Other people feel their very identities are under threat. There are political agendas at work and a very powerful pro gun lobby. Let's all try and be careful and respectful in our discussions.

I read in one report that

"The police have since raided the shooters' house, and seized a number of firearms"

It's not just me that thinking that this.is all rather pointlessly 'after the fact' is it?

Meanwhile, senior US politicians are actively..

...praying 😥

Reactions: C R

winjim

I read in one report that

"The police have since raided the shooters' house, and seized a number of firearms"

It's not just me that thinking that this.is all rather pointlessly 'after the fact' is it?

...praying 😥

I mean LOL at the thought that they're even actually praying but I get your point.

Reactions: C R

mudsticks

Squire
I mean LOL at the thought that they're even actually praying but I get your point.

Thing is, I don't think you can actually tell, just by looking.

So it's kind of easy to play "Lets pretend, we're entreating our imaginary* friend to do something about these terrible events"

*Who, if they exist at all, is clearly paying very little attention to the awfulness of the situation overall.

Or is it a case of; if enough people at least pretend to do praying, then god finally rolls over, gets out of bed, and actually does something about gun violence?? 🤔

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Certainly this sad event is one which will make the terfy GC people's brains melt.

It certainly piqued your interest.

836727_1.jpg

The Terf war.

Last edited:

Poacher

Regular

...praying 😥

So it's kind of easy to play "Lets pretend, we're entreating our imaginary* friend to do something about these terrible events"

*Who, if they exist at all, is clearly paying very little attention to the awfulness of the situation overall.

Or is it a case of; if enough people at least pretend to do praying, then god finally rolls over, gets out of bed, and actually does something about gun violence?? 🤔
1b46e6_204b1e340b3841c791b0279f0220e044~mv2.jpg

Top Bottom