Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire

D

Deleted member 49

Partygate latest is there are large numbers of junior Downing Street staff who’ve been fined for attending parties Johnson was at, but he hasn’t been fined.That seems plausible enough....
They must of all been party's just after he left.
Fecking whitewash.

D

Deleted member 49

He legally attended at least six illegal parties. WTF?

No reason to delay Sue Gray now, is there?
Surely everyone who was fined for having a gathering or party should now appeal if that party or gathering took place at their house.
I can't see the difference ? Carrie hosted a fecking Abba party and recieved no fine yet those that attended did.

PaulB

It's when you read articles like this https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-cost-of-living-crisis-carer-universal-credit you realise just how bad things are for an increasing number of people.

I felt real rage when I read heart-rending stuff like this - particularly at the worthless scud we have as our MP and his shameful voting record that absolutely ensures stories like this will proliferate. When I read this poor woman can't even afford to turn the oven on to heat the frozen pizza for her hungry son - IN THIS COUNTRY WE LIVE IN - it's truly disgusting.

It's when you read articles like this https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-cost-of-living-crisis-carer-universal-credit you realise just how bad things are for an increasing number of people.

I felt real rage when I read heart-rending stuff like this - particularly at the worthless scud we have as our MP and his shameful voting record that absolutely ensures stories like this will proliferate. When I read this poor woman can't even afford to turn the oven on to heat the frozen pizza for her hungry son - IN THIS COUNTRY WE LIVE IN - it's truly disgusting.

Her fault for not having the foresight to get a job as a banker, surely?

Anyway, it has been sunny recently. Couldn’t she have left the pizza on a window sill for a while? No sense in spoiling the child. This might be just the incentive he needs to sort his life out.

Milkfloat

Surely everyone who was fined for having a gathering or party should now appeal if that party or gathering took place at their house.
I can't see the difference ? Carrie hosted a fecking Abba party and recieved no fine yet those that attended did.

It's almost as if there was a vacancy at the Met Police and the acting head wants the job. Oh hold on a moment.

The government's mantra is about how Universal Credit rewards work. Since the Work Allowances were increased and the taper reduced to 55p/£1 of earnings that's true. I've advised several who are better of on UC than legacy Tax Credits for that reason.

None of that is any help to those, like the author of the Guardian piece, who cannot work. I spoke to somebody this week who's electric DD was £135/month. UC gives her £324.84 a month for ALL living expenses. Furthermore, due to the operation of Local Housing Allowance, UC will not meet her full rent.

Two quick steps that would alleviate the lot of the Graun articles author would be to reinstate the £20 uplift and, as a minimum, ensure LHA was uprated so that it actually reflected market rents today and not those of 2020.

Beebo

Veteran

There was a loop hole that meant you couldn't be prosecuted if you didn’t leave your home to attend a party.
It’s a technicality which has saved him.

Top Bottom