War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

And right on cue.......
What .....give us your take then ? All out war 🙄

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Instead of the USA and others pumping weapons and money into the war....I'd like to see Biden etc calling on peace talks cease fires ?
Escalation by NATO/USA surely leads to WW3 ?

Sounds reasonable to me. Not sure I would stop weapons supply, but, I agree, there should be daily, nay, hourly calls for peace talks.

OMG, I have agreed with you twice today, I need a lie down ;)

D

Deleted member 49

What would you suggest the Ukrainians do? Allow Russia to carve off more of their country? Allow them to dictate what their government can/can't do? The only escalation of this conflict is by Russia, and the only acceptable peace is one where Russia withdraws it's troops from Ukraine.
Did I say that ? When was the last time a war wound down nicely .....there has to be concessions by all unfortunately.
Who could of predicted sending billions of dollars of the latest weaponry to Ukraine would prolong the war? Or is that to weaken the enemy whilst civilians die and suffer.
I'd prefer to see this end as soon as possible without any further loss of life.

the snail

I'd prefer to see this end as soon as possible without any further loss of life.
Well of course we'd all like that. Are you suggesting that we withdraw military support from Ukraine so that they are forced to make concessions to Putin? Past history suggests that any concessions to Putin will lead to further aggression on his part in a few years time.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
What .....give us your take then ? All out war 🙄
Russia invaded an independent country, deliberately devastated cities, killed thousands of civilians, committed war crimes, kidnapped thousands of civilians has broken temporary ceasefires to allow civilians safe passage out of cities, has pulled out of peace talks until it strengthens its hand by creating even more devastation, has now started false flag tactics to justify threatening Moldova, yet somehow the blame is with Biden and the West.

There is only one side threatening the use of nuclear weapons, including the recent bigging-up of the Satan 2 missile ..just a clue, it is not the US or UK.

Ukraine was not going to join NATO. The dangers of such a move were recognised, and NATO has not been an existential threat to Russia except in Putin's paranoia and spin for home consumption. Why do you think Finland and Sweden are now actively considering joining NATO...not because they want to threaten Russia but because they have seen how ruthless Russia can be when it wants to, and fear for their own borders.

I dread the idea of WW3 because no one will win and millions will die, and peace talks are absolutely
essential, but it takes two, or more, including the nation which has so far been the aggressor and which so far shows no enthusiasm for talking or stopping the violence, This is not Biden's fault, even through the narrowest anti-US, left-wing blinkers and Russia has long since stopped being any sort of "peoples" republic.

I believe the West will, and probably realistically has to, blink first despite the dangerous rhetoric from idiots like Truss, and Russia will get away with splitting a neighbouring country, just like we did a hundred years ago, to our shame, but I believe it will not stop there and I fear for the borders of other neighbouring countries against an emboldened Russia/Putin.

Instead of the USA and others pumping weapons and money into the war....I'd like to see Biden etc calling on peace talks cease fires ?

Because Putin will only negotiate a victory.
Slowly the west is waking up...

Well of course we'd all like that. Are you suggesting that we withdraw military support from Ukraine so that they are forced to make concessions to Putin? Past history suggests that any concessions to Putin will lead to further aggression on his part in a few years time.

Correct.

Mr Celine

It can't stop yet, we haven't tried out all the latest kit. We don't want to repeat the blowpipe missile fiasco.

Once we know it works the manufacturers will no doubt ask for a few more videos to help sell the product afterwards.

This thread's gone quiet, but outside the rhetoric is heating-up.
Still not convinced this is going to end-up without direct NATO involvement in the fairly near future unless Putin is removed by his own.
Putin holds all the cards to keep this rolling along. I can't see him being ground down to the last tank - he will do something to which NATO will have to respond.
He must either be victorious or martyr to NATO aggression.
I do follow it, just don't post about it when there is no news to report that others can find just as easyly, but a genocide has been recognised by Ukraine(no surprise), some baltic countries and Canada so it's in line of expectations that other countries will follow. (except for the usual)

I don't think there is a way out without direct Nato involvement, i also think there is no way in hell Russia's is going to win from Nato(yes i know those missiles launches, i also know the US has tested the same missiles but better, but kep it low-profile to not enter an far-pissing competition)
Don't get me wrong, i still hope they ran all back to Russia defeated tommorow, but realistically i don't see that happening. I see it esaclate in an full on war in which Russia call for global mobilisation first, and probably somewhere between those times Russia will attack Poland with an air strike of some sort.
There was an UN guy with Putin yesterday, negotiating safe passage for civilians, today he is in Kiyv Putin knew that and Kiyv is bombed for the first time in a week. That isn't a coincidence. You can't talk about peace of your enemy insist on war, you need to take away his ability to wage that war first.

And peace talks have already been tryed, in Belarus, in Turkey, Isreal's president flew in both to Moscow and Kiyv all without any use, you really think the US could make any difference?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It can't stop yet, we haven't tried out all the latest kit. We don't want to repeat the blowpipe missile fiasco.

Once we know it works the manufacturers will no doubt ask for a few more videos to help sell the product afterwards.

And the Russians got to practice their kit in early on Aleppo. It's almost as if it were a dress rehearsal for something they might want to get involved in later.

Mr Celine

And the Russians got to practice their kit in early on Aleppo. It's almost as if it were a dress rehearsal for something they might want to get involved in later.

Did they learn any lessons though?
The T72's pop-off turret was first noticed as a feature on Iraqi examples in the 1991 Gulf war and thirty years later they're still doing it.

Top Bottom