Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
There's the rub, banks have become too powerful

z666o.jpg

CXRAndy

Veteran

You can opt out of any new consumer benefits that will come about from this

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Why should someone who had a personal account and a business account be limited to a absolute stripped down basic account.

I presume you have one or more accounts.

Would you not be outraged if your bank decided tomorrow to close your account ?

Well, if they fail to meet the qualifying conditions, for a start.

You presume correctly, but, I endeavour to fulfil my obligations, in terms of qualifying conditions.

There are many things in life about which I am "outraged" that doesn't mean the UK Government should intervene and/or that they should be made illegal.

Last edited:

multitool

Shaman

It isn't going to change, Andy, for several connected reasons:

1) Parliament is in reccess until 4th September. By the time they return something else will occupy the headlines.

2) The Tory government are not really interested in this debacle other than for an opportunity to make political capital in its culture war position of being against the (confected) 'woke elite', which it is trying to pretend is represented by Labour.

The reason they are not interested is that they cannot take action against something that doesn't exist. (see also the confected outrage over sex Ed in schools)

3) The Tory support for Farage represents nothing other than a sort of ephemeral symbiosis of mutual convenience. They will turn on each other soon enough when it suits them (see also Farage attacking govt. over small boats).

Some big words in there, Andy. Let's see if you can do a little better with them than your bed-wetting gammon colleague.

multitool

Shaman
Used, as always, to hide the lack of meaning.

"Ephemeral symbiosis" means short-term relationship of mutual benefit.

Do you understand what that means?

multitool

Shaman
Why not say that, instead of this dross:

Ah, so you do understand what
"short-term relationship of mutual benefit" means.

And yet you called the phrase "ephemeral symbiosis":

cobblers phrases

and

Internet bullshite overload.

and said it was..

Used, as always, to hide the lack of meaning.

Schrodinger's* phrase. Simultaneously has and hasn't meaning.

A megabrain like you must be aware that you've just contradicted yourself.

For somebody who throws around the epithet "dumb", the irony of you asking me to dumb down my language just for you is delicious :tongue:

*look it up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
Using long words when shorter ones will do, as you routinely do, is a definition of bullshite.

I know you think it gives you some sort of superiority, but it really doesn't, quite the reverse.

It just makes you look like a pompous tw*t.

Top Bottom