The whiff is growing- £2k worth of football tickets for Mr Starmer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Time you had a bath Craigy. Or buy some deodorant at least.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
In your humble and unbiased opinion of course, and not trying to compare him to that proven serial liar across the front bench.

He has said he will resign if fined over the Curry incident and has given an explanation for this that will be investigated. Many politicians have been criticised/investigated for delays in declaring income/gifts and the large majority are found to have been guilty of nothing more than poor administration. You probably realise that they very rarely complete the forms themselves but leave it to their office staff. It isn't like a normal job where the people fill in and submit their own expense forms.

But keep on going at trying to stir it up before the evidence is in. If he is guilty of deliberate lying for gain then he should go, not a day too soon for some on this forum, but until then it is not a real problem, just an embarrassment.

You are right of course, many MPs of all parties have been found to be poor at administration.

It does rather worry me that, various MPs, of all parties, who would seek to be a part of running the country, can’t even run a small office.

Perhaps, the answer is not to accept any freebies?

Maybe I expect too much of them?

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
He has said he will resign if fined over the Curry incident
Now there is the key word. He has not said he will resign if his found to have broken the rules but doesn't get a fine. Which is, by the way, the already stated position of Durham Police, not to retrospectively issue Covid fines. The ex-DPP will know that little nugget, especially as the PCC for Durham is a Keir Starmer loyalist.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Now there is the key word. He has not said he will resign if his found to have broken the rules but doesn't get a fine. Which is, by the way, the already stated position of Durham Police, not to retrospectively issue Covid fines. The ex-DPP will know that little nugget, especially as the PCC for Durham is a Keir Starmer loyalist.

Keep on trying with the conspiracy theories. Meanwhile the inconvenient fact is that some politicians were fined but didn't resign.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You are right of course, many MPs of all parties have been found to be poor at administration.

It does rather worry me that, various MPs, of all parties, who would seek to be a part of running the country, can’t even run a small office.

Perhaps, the answer is not to accept any freebies?

Maybe I expect too much of them?

I have no problems with politicians accepting invitations to events, which come with a nominal value that has to be declared....as long as it is declared.

I would agree that gifts which have an intrinsic financial value, which then becomes the property of the politicians, should not be allowed.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
So he's had an advance for a book he's written and some hospitality. He was late declaring them.

What offence, beyond carelessness in his office, could be charged?

What whiff does the Craig nose detect?

Do you think you would forget if someone gave you £18,000?

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I'd have thought it was pretty obvious that no amount of lockdown partying, large donations from Russian oligarchs, and general cronyism could possibly compete with Starmer's beer, & book advance.
You are all putting in a sterling shift defending Keir Starmer here, impressive.

He has set himself up to fail though. Over and over he has said how terrible it is that various Conservatives have been investigated, now he is being investigated. He said Boris should resign just because the police investigated him, now the police are investigating him. He has said that things should not slip ministers memories, and that actually they are lying, now things are slipping his mind and he is telling the truth.

Carry on though with the defence, it's at least fun to watch.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You are all putting in a sterling shift defending Keir Starmer here, impressive.

He has set himself up to fail though. Over and over he has said how terrible it is that various Conservatives have been investigated, now he is being investigated. He said Boris should resign just because the police investigated him, now the police are investigating him. He has said that things should not slip ministers memories, and that actually they are lying, now things are slipping his mind and he is telling the truth.

Carry on though with the defence, it's at least fun to watch.

There is no one ”putting in a shift” to defend Starmer here, but there is someone just wetting himself in his haste to try and find him guilty.

Your desperation would be laughable if it wasn’t so predictably pathetic.

Any criticism should, and will start, after decisions of the investigators are made, and there will be many people on here who will join in that criticism.

Top Bottom