The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
FIFA ban Denmarks kit, which was deliberately toned down to reflect their view on Qatar.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63590339

mudsticks

Squire
Well, here you go @mudsticks, I can't see this going particularly well but who knows?

I'm quite pleased that Killie have released their kits for next season already and they are both belters.

I'm still amused by the commentary by Alex Rae during the Europa League penalty shoot out, his comments about Aaron Ramsey and Allan McGregor are hilarious and essentially a failed audition to get a job with Rangers TV.

But more importantly, I'm still mystified as to why @PaulB thinks @shep isn't a Wolves fan.
Have to say I was dubious about this thread @AndyRM ..

But to hear Joe perfectly enunciate

"And you married a spice girl, which is the gayest thing, any human being can do"

Makes it all worthwhile 👍🏼🌈

Beebo

Veteran
Qatar appears to be about to u-turn on alcohol sales inside the stadium, just 2 days before kick off.

A ban will impact fans and Budweiser are an official FIFA sponsor.

lazybloke

Regular
Zero percent stuff will still be available:becool:

bobzmyunkle

'it has now decided that alcohol will be available at matches only in hospitality boxes, where the cheapest suites are nearly £20,000 a match, and some fan zones after 7pm, where it will cost nearly £12 for 500ml of Budweiser'

So Bud zero for the plebs, can't have them acting unseemly.

Anyhow - boycott the whole thing and if you're not going there'll be proper beer available in any number of outlets.

lazybloke

Regular
Anyway, it's fans (or some of them) drinking at home that are the bigger problem.

Charities and services are braced for an increase in domestic abuse.

icowden

Legendary Member
Qatar's Trophy and catastrophe sound remarkably similar.

So - given the quick U-turn on sales of alcohol for the World Cup, are we expecting the next announcement to be...

"Following discussions between host country authorities and Fifa, a decision has been made to focus the attendance of fans on heterosexuality and reinstate the famous Saudi welcome for homosexuals of 5 years imprisonment and 500 lashes" said a statement from world football's governing body. Additionally, they have confirmed those fans still wanting to attend have been asked to behave or risk torture and/or imprisonment - with Fifa refusing to use any of the cash from the WC to get people out of prison.

Mr Celine

Posting from the civilised end of the island, where alcohol at fitba matches has been illegal since 1980, I don't see what the problem is.

Top Bottom