Slowly slowly catchy monkey, let's give all our data to a yankee.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Anyone know how to opt out?

As it stands you can't. This may change.

"It (NHS England) had said the day before the announcement that patients would not be allowed to opt out because it would anonymise all data before it was shared and also because the data would be used for “direct patient care”, for which no opt-out is available. The Foxglove campaign group said it was ready to launch a legal challenge to the apparent denial of a right to opt out.

Sam Smith, of MedConfidential, said: “Whether or not patients will be able to opt out is among the most important of the many unanswered questions about this £330m data project that NHS England’s announcement does not clarify
.”"

• Sad
Reactions: C R

C R

Über Member
Anyone that has read LOTR will know that palatirs are not good things. The fact that Thiel chose that name for his company gives perhaps some insight into what kind of a person he is.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Anyone that has read LOTR will know that palatirs are not good things. The fact that Thiel chose that name for his company gives perhaps some insight into what kind of a person he is.

I was thinking that. And he claims to have read it several times. But then, he's yet another of those gay Christian types, so he's clearly very confused.

The AI technologies are developing at such a speed that within 5-10 years this data is useless as data from smartwatches phones etc. would give a much more accurate picture.
But yes selling the handling of confidential data to a US company is bad, the should have granted to contract to an UK company so the US company can buy them.

D

Deleted member 121

Thinking more about this, it is reported that Microsoft's Windows 12 will be AI powered. It remains to be seen how this will affect the operating system but if I were you lads, I'd encrypt those folders with those videos you downloaded and want to remain a secret as a matter of urgency!

Thinking more about this, it is reported that Microsoft's Windows 12 will be AI powered. It remains to be seen how this will affect the operating system but if I were you lads, I'd encrypt those folders with those videos you downloaded and want to remain a secret as a matter of urgency!
Apple gave themselves permission to ''scan'' your pictures and video's for illegal content years ago, so if anything is to worry about don't use Apple. Similarly since Windows is closed source, there is no extra protection by encrypting anything because the AI can just use the OS to see the encrypted files.(as you have to decrypt them at some point if the AI hasn't seen them before encrypting)
So the story really is, don't use windows or Macos. And use an open source privacy tuned Linux of you're really concerned.

Top Bottom