Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member
True, it is a bit of a mess. If only we had a Party to vote for which stood some chance of forming a Government, in the foreseeable future, and, with a commitment to rejoining the EU, or, at the very least, the Free Market. But, in the interim, it looks like the burnt out DFS sofa is all we have.

I think it's too much of a poison chalice still. The polls are showing a majority rejoin, but I don't think anyone could realistically campaign on that just yet, its too easy a stick to beat someone with. Although if the Cons go full term we may see a bit more talk of customs unions and single markets.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Not at all a gotcha thing at all.

I am simply trying to point out that the amount of time lots of you put into mourning the vote, deriding those that voted differently and the obvious anxiety and anger that lots of you are feeling is not healthy.

There needs to be a resolution found, and quickly because there are already impacts on mental health for people who are not able to find a way forward. That is not saying you can't talk about it, but the 000s of posts on here is bordering on unhealthy for some people.

There is a genuine health issue developing, and that isn't just me as a random bloke off the internet saying it.
Where is this genuine health issue arising from people talking about brexit.??

Apart from stuff like sewage discharges and other problems that may well arise from deregulation of other standards .

Some of us are even trying to do something about that, so to say that we are passively helpless, anxiety ridden victims, is sheer bahoolix.

It may annoy or upset some people, seeing brexit being talked about in negative terms.
They're welcome to unfollow this thread, and never read about it in the paper if it upsets them that badly
That's their choice

But it's just people talking about reality .

If people need MH assistance dealing with reality, then that's another problem all together.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.

I am simply trying to point out that the amount of time lots of you put into mourning the vote, deriding those that voted differently and the obvious anxiety and anger that lots of you are feeling is not healthy.

There needs to be a resolution found, and quickly because there are already impacts on mental health for people who are not able to find a way forward. That is not saying you can't talk about it, but the 000s of posts on here is bordering on unhealthy for some people.

With all due respect - which is nil respect - where were you when lying shills and racist gulls were mourning the end of a mythical white Albion, deriding the EU and getting unhealthily foam flecked about problems pursuant to the collapse of a de-regulated gangster capitalism and not the fault of the uneven distribution of melanin in the human population?

There is a genuine health issue developing, and that isn't just me as a random bloke off the internet saying it.

No self-respecting random bloke off the internet would post such drek.

Perhaps, as a preliminary to truth and reconciliation, you could first apologise for having shat the bed?

Anyway, is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Brexit's been a catastrophic failure?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Perhaps, as a preliminary to truth and reconciliation, you could first apologise for having shat the bed?

Your usual standard of bollocks, but with one additional degree of fuckwittery.

I actually voted remain as I saw benefits at work, in my personal life and most importantly for my children who I would have liked to enjoy some of the same freedoms I have enjoyed.

Why is it that just because I think we need as a population to step forward and see what is round the corner everyone thinks I voted leave?

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Since brexit, fuckwittery comes in bushels, pecks, chains and furlongs, not degrees.

This pathological nostalgia for the old French lexicon will be doing your mental health no good. Keep it up.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Your usual standard of bollocks, but with one additional degree of fuckwittery.

I actually voted remain as I saw benefits at work, in my personal life and most importantly for my children who I would have liked to enjoy some of the same freedoms I have enjoyed.

Why is it that just because I think we need as a population to step forward and see what is round the corner everyone thinks I voted leave?
Not everyone does ..

Why do you think that everyone who is still talking about brexit has a MH problem ??

That truly is both arrant, and arrogant bahoolix..

If you don't wish to discuss brexit, or see it discussed, you have a very easy option open to you.

Reactions: C R

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Where is this genuine health issue arising from people talking about brexit.??
You don't want to believe some random bloke off of the internet, will you believe the Mental Health Foundation?

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/exp...y-world-outside-my-door-impact-brexit-anxiety

Now I expect the standard response from most of you will be "Well we shouldn't have voted to leave then" I would suggest the more mature response is to think about how talk, the language we use and the way we describe Brexit.

Mudsticks inadvertently nailed it earlier, this is a massive psychological exercise as well as an economic and political one.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Why do you think that everyone who is still talking about brexit has a MH problem ??
Yeah, you are just going to have to highlight the bit where I said that please.

Mugshot

Über Member
:laugh:

Posting about the very real consequences of brexit is not whining, its highlighting reality, ignoring it doesn't make it better and won't make it go away.
Posting about the benefits you used to enjoy isn't some form of grieving process, it's simply pointing out what you used to be able to do, and you've just done it yourself.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
You don't want to believe some random bloke off of the internet, will you believe the Mental Health Foundation?

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/exp...y-world-outside-my-door-impact-brexit-anxiety

Now I expect the standard response from most of you will be "Well we shouldn't have voted to leave then" I would suggest the more mature response is to think about how talk, the language we use and the way we describe Brexit.

Mudsticks inadvertently nailed it earlier, this is a massive psychological exercise as well as an economic and political one.

Well as @shep will doubtless be very quick to point out, no one reads this forum anyhow.
So whatever we say, it stays inside these four walls

I might however, just to be on the safe side addend my original post with a TW though .

And as for you giving people advice on how to use language, for the sake of others feelings,??

That's actually quite funny :laugh:

Many people are understandably angry and upset about the con that was brexit.
Especially if they voted for it, and then realised it was a pile of poo.

I'd suggest they use that anger energy positively to become more politically involved, and informed.
Work towards strengthening truth telling and integrity in our democracy, and make sure at least they personally don't get conned by grifters like Farrage ever again.

Those of us who felt it was a terrible idea from the get go, can get on with whatever it is we're already doing to try to make things a bit better in the future.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
No one is saying you can't endlessly say how many lies we were told on both sides, how you feel it was badly presented.

You can pretend you are dissecting what happened, but actually you aren't, that all happened a long time ago. You are now just feeling smugly that you were right, and this thread alone has basically been 4500 posts of repeats of the same things.

Sadly you are wrong about this.....

You are stuck in the middle of a major psychological exercise, and one which you, and lots of others on here cannot move on from.

You are going through a bereavement, treat it as such and see where that takes you.

But you can't because it is all gone.

You can try and rebuild your house in the same image, with some of the same features, but if all you are doing is wandering a smouldering wreck of a house saying 'I want my sofa back, and my kitchen was wonderful' when they don't make it in DFS anymore because you bought it in 2001 and the kitchen was a bespoke one off, then you are going to have accept that things are different and make as best of the situation as you possibly can.

Or go absolutely mad and have a breakdown until the therapy starts.

Yeah, you are just going to have to highlight the bit where I said that please.
See bolded text for further details...
👍🏼

albion

Guru
Corbyn and Johnson carried Brexit through. One was torn, thinking about his Torygraph cash, and the other, not believing his luck,
wimped Labour's response purposely.

Top Bottom