Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I was careful not to call them farkwits, but the implication is that they indulge in farkwittery....
:okay:

Phew..

You're right it's an important distinction 👍🏼

It's not the person themselves, it's the action undertaken by the person that's important.

All the same, It would have been 'nice' if all those non farkwits could have engaged their brains / intelligence towards consequences before indulging in said farkwittery.

It would also have been 'nice' if a bunch of total charlatans hadn't been allowed to tell so many lies in order to encourage said farkwittery too.

Imo there have been far too few consequences for the perpetrators of all that untruth telling.

Anyway, a blustery bike ride awaits.

albion

Guru
Carry on Brexit. Someone do the movie. Carnage.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/nov/04/twitter-layoffs-elon-musk-revenue-drop
"Asked if he was denying Brexit caused financial issues, he said: "Our focus is on ensuring we have stability and fiscal credibility".
"That's what the Chancellor and the Prime Minister are focused on rather than on a decision taken a number of years ago where people made a clear decision," he added.

Decodes to 'whilst Brexit might have blame, it is the public at fault for being suckers'.

D

Deleted member 28

Where the f*ck have you come from anyway?

Are you flabfoodiewhippet bloke in disguise who just posts stuff and sits back knocking one out whilst reading peoples replies?

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Where the f*ck have you come from anyway?

Are you flabfoodiewhippet bloke in disguise who just posts stuff and sits back knocking one out whilst reading peoples replies?

Now now, that's really not very friendly Sheppy..

This is an inclusive site where all views are welcome right ??
The more varied the better, surely.

I mean, didn't you yourself only come here to put someone right about what was, in your view, a footie related misfactoid .??

And yet, despite professing very little interest in, and it has to be said displaying scant knowledge of, matters political, and affairs current, months later, here you still are.. 🤔

So don't be going discouraging the new arrivals.

That's not how we roll here, right??

Who knows? You might even learn something new.. :laugh:

Now now, that's really not very friendly Sheppy..

This is an inclusive site where all views are welcome right ??
The more varied the better, surely.

I mean, didn't you yourself only come here to put someone right about what was, in your view, a footie related misfactoid .??

And yet, despite professing very little interest in, and it has to be said displaying scant knowledge of, matters political, and affairs current, months later, here you still are.. 🤔

So don't be going discouraging the new arrivals.

That's not how we roll here, right??

Who knows? You might even learn something new.. :laugh:

Don't tell me he's still wittering-on about my so-called 'footie misfactoid'?
Actually about footie fans response to BLM's one knee protest being the polar opposite to other sports?
You don't need to know the offside rule to call-out simple racism when you see it....

Am crying 'foul' and demand a VAR review of the initial incident!

D

Deleted member 28

Don't flatter yourself my little Whippet whisperer.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
No shoot Sherlock....

Now Starmer, plot a course to get us back in....
He has said that won't happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rexit-as-he-rules-out-rejoining-single-market

I really think for your own mental health, you should plot your own course to get back in. Why not go back to Kent, when a dinghy full of people turns up, grab it and go back to France. When you get there claim asylum and bingo, you would become a member of the EU and we won't have to listen to your fucking whining anymore. You could live your days in the lap of EU luxury, and join 'Le Chat Cycliste' and spend all your days moaning how the EU is going right wing and you wish you could be back in England with it's secure left wing Labour government.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Actually about footie fans response to BLM's one knee protest being the polar opposite to other sports?
You don't need to know the offside rule to call-out simple racism when you see it....

Am crying 'foul' and demand a VAR review of the initial incident!
I've no idea tbh , I just vaguely remember that being the justification for his having turned up.

Since then it's been a fairly consistent.

"I don't know why 'you lot' bother talking about all this guff, it's all bollix, and anyway I've got a 'real' life in the 'real' world"

It would be like me turning up on a footie forum five times a day, everyday, month after month, to tell them that.

"I'm not interested in talking about football, I think it's really pointless and boring"

That'd get old for everyone, pretty quick.

But it seems Sheppy has greater persistence, despite this scintillating 'real life' that also demands so much of his time..

Ah well, nowt so queer as folk :laugh:

Well of course it has, given that we depend so much on imported food, and moving that has become more expensive since the end of frictionless trade with our nearest neighbours, it was inevitable.

Add to that wasted food that there isn't a skilled enough workforce in place to pick or process..

It was glaringly obvious what was going to happen.

Course covid and Russian invasion of Ukraine has added to that but still.

He has said that won't happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rexit-as-he-rules-out-rejoining-single-market

I really think for your own mental health, you should plot your own course to get back in. Why not go back to Kent, when a dinghy full of people turns up, grab it and go back to France. When you get there claim asylum and bingo, you would become a member of the EU and we won't have to listen to your fucking whining anymore. You could live your days in the lap of EU luxury, and join 'Le Chat Cycliste' and spend all your days moaning how the EU is going right wing and you wish you could be back in England with it's secure left wing Labour government.
It's funny how all these proponents of 'mah freeze peach' 'Oh you can't say anything nowadays' lot get so huffed up when people express their 'free speech' opinions (well facts actually ) about the shite show that is brexit.

It would appear that brexitters don't like being reminded of just what a terrible idea, it really was

And that so called 'Project Fear' turned out to be humdrum, boring old, 'Project Reality'

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It's funny how all these proponents of 'mah freeze peach' 'Oh you can't say anything nowadays' lot get so huffed up when people express their 'free speech' opinions (well facts actually ) about the shite show that is brexit.
If I understood how this relates to what I wrote I could probably respond.

I worry for Foodie, he, and lots of you on here, are obsessed with pointing out that something that will not change is negative.

There needs to be a way for you all to find a way to move on.

We have had many comments on here about people going on holiday, and talking to the EU citizens you meet about Brexit.

And how they all think it was a bad idea too.

It may have been a bad idea (I voted remain by the way), but it is done.

If your house burnt down would you spend all your life saying how your house should not have burnt down and how nice the lounge was and never moving on, or would you work to rebuild a better version of your original house?

It is easy to say it, but at some point you have to either accept your life will be dominated by something you can't change, or you can accept things are different and try to make things better.

I know which one I am doing, and I know which one people like you and Foodie are doing.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire

I worry for Foodie, he, and lots of you on here, are obsessed with pointing out that something that will not change is negative.

We have had many comments on here about people going on holiday, and talking to the EU citizens you meet about Brexit.

If your house burnt down would you spend all your life saying how your house should not have burnt down and how nice the lounge was and never moving on, or would you work to rebuild a better version of your original house?

It is easy to say it, but at some point you have to either accept your life will be dominated by something you can't change, or you can accept things are different and try to make things better.

I know which one I am doing, and I know which one people like you and Foodie are doing.
If you'd bothered* to read my many many posts on various brexit threads over the years.
(*Unlikely perhaps, )
You would know that I have put many many hours, over the years, into 'trying to make things better' pre and post brexit, in my particular field of agriculture, and food and farming policy change.

So your 'knowledge' of what I am doing, is clearly erroneous.

edit- it 'relates' because people say we're 'whining' as if they want 'remoaners' to shut up - that's anti 'free speech' right?

That doesn't mean I'm not still allowed to talk about how badly the whole thing was presented, the lies told, and the anti EU propaganda that was spread about - and in my field of experience - 30+ years in food and farming - I know just how many untruths were told about how the EU operates.

By dissecting what happened, looking at how that propaganda was allowed to play out, we might learn something for the future, not repeat the same mistakes even.

Just waving it all away, and pretending that it was just 'unfortunate' - 'oh dear, how embarrassing, but never mind' as if it was just an 'accident' means we will carry on falling into the same holes .

Last edited:

Cirrus

I'd like to rejoin but that's unlikely, I've been through my change curve, some seem to be still processing.

1667641409527.png

Top Bottom