Normal Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
We've had a car door at the bottom of the garden for years. I've decided to treat it as a feature for now. I'm gradually selling off the spares and would like to get down to zero. We like to follow the advice given in The Goldbergs TV show - 'The secret of a happy marriage is mutual not giving a cr*p'. It works. We've been very, very happy. He's great.

I'd concur, its about having well matched amounts of not giving a cr*p, about similar issues..

Whilst at the same time giving enough of a cr*p about what is felt to be important.

Anyhow, after a while you don't really see the 'special garden features' they sort of fade into the background/undergrowth... 🌱🌱🌱🐐🌱🌱🌱

If it's a photogenic pets contest you want...

View attachment 5092

Cute X 🐬

IMG_4103.jpeg

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
City centre car park has decided to remind you where you left your car by naming its floors after popular glamorous and cultured travel destinations. Trying to help you dissociate from the sense of self loathing you get being on The Moor in the pissing rain buying assorted plastic tat for your kids for Christmas.

20231209_112454.jpg

Ian H

Guru
City centre car park has decided to remind you where you left your car by naming its floors after popular glamorous and cultured travel destinations. Trying to help you dissociate from the sense of self loathing you get being on The Moor in the pissing rain buying assorted plastic tat for your kids for Christmas.

View attachment 5215

What about the odd numbers?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
What about the odd numbers?

It's an academic exercise. Keep your brain working trying to think of locations to keep you from going mad at the mind numbing tedium of it all.

Actually the ground floor is Athens and the lift only stops at the even numbers so I guess that's why. I don't know why they go from P to S though and miss out R.

Ian H

Guru
It's an academic exercise. Keep your brain working trying to think of locations to keep you from going mad at the mind numbing tedium of it all.

Actually the ground floor is Athens and the lift only stops at the even numbers so I guess that's why. I don't know why they go from P to S though and miss out R.
Cos that's where the pirates live.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member

View attachment 5215

Wait till you try to find Level 1 to pay.

Rather reminds me of an Neil Innes song which starts

We are the lift girls in a big department store, we kindly take the patrons, going up from floor to floor....

The song starts at the basement (babywear) and moves up through departments related to various stages of life (Bridal Gowns, Maternity wear) until on the top floor - Funeral shrouds....

Top Bottom