Morons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Regular
Like to see the same protesters in some run down areas of the country , trying out their wee stunts. I’ve a feeling they would be given a hefty slap off some members of staff .

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Pathetic. Call that a protest?

Why didn't he get an assault rifle and shoot every motorist driving down the street.

That's clearly the next logical step and would have got more publicity. You're on to something here.

FFS, don't give them ideas.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Assault rifle? Pfft. Napalm, that's where it's at.

Palmitic acid you can get from palm oil but I'm not sure about a non fossil source of naphthenic acid. And of course palm oil is not without environmental concern.

MrGrumpy

Regular
How many Aston Martin dealerships are there in Jaywick?
Nah but the same mob were emptying milk 🥛 n some Waitrose store were they not ? Or is that another bunch ? We have an Aston dealership up near me , not seen them in there yet ? Considering where it is I think they would maybe need a dentist ;-)

87158514-A005-4F6E-A52C-F5523FDEBEB0.jpeg

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Nah but the same mob were emptying milk 🥛 n some Waitrose store were they not ? Or is that another bunch ? We have an Aston dealership up near me , not seen them in there yet ? Considering where it is I think they would maybe need a dentist ;-)

I think we get it now.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Milk on the floor of Waitrose, paint on a car dealership window .... either way it will be a cleaner on minimum wage mopping it up. And in 5 years time the kids chucking it will be earning double their income at some think tank or not-for-profit and moaning about rail strikes like everybody else.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Milk on the floor of Waitrose, paint on a car dealership window .... either way it will be a cleaner on minimum wage mopping it up. And in 5 years time the kids chucking it will be earning double their income at some think tank or not-for-profit and moaning about rail strikes like everybody else.

Some will, and some will still be fighting for what they believe in.

Young people change, but not all of them. It has always been so, and always will.

mudsticks

Squire
Like to see the same protesters in some run down areas of the country , trying out their wee stunts. I’ve a feeling they would be given a hefty slap off some members of staff .

Oh yeah, a nice bit of violence, that will show em eh 👍🏼

And you know that about these protestors how??

Straight out of the DM book of clichés about activists..

Some will, and some will still be fighting for what they believe in.

Young people change, but not all of them. It has always been so, and always will.

They do believe in this stuff.
Some of us have been agitating for action on climate change for decades .

I'd much rather it had been tackled long long ago when it was already an issue.
But of course push back from vested and more powerful interest is strong..

So whilst time runs out, the struggle still goes on.

While many people are struggling to put food and the table, these bunch of bored, middle class kids, living off daddy's trust fund, pour much needed milk on the floor because............:scratch:

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1581717360221855746

But, mustn't be beastly to them by calling them morons. :rolleyes:

Because industrialised animal agriculture is a big contributor to greenhouse gas emissions.
It needs to stop.
Hunger and food insecurity is increasing worldwide due to the effects of climate change. That does need to be tackled urgently.

As a food producer, i don't think pouring milk away is great optics.
And 'go vegan to save the planet' is inaccurate and simplistic.

We need good animal husbandry reintegrated back into mixed and sustainable farming systems - this creates long term fertility and foodabundance, and sequesters carbon into soils.

Eat less meat and dairy, but better.
We also need to address all kind of injustices such as access to land, and support a change in agriculture to make our food system about feeding people, not commodification by extractive profiteers.

But understanding all the system changes required needs quite a lot of engagement to get how it currently doesn't work, and how it could be made better.

But how much reporting did our Good Food and Farming march get?
That was trying to get across these far more complex and contextualised messages.

Pretty much zero, because the sensation seeking media aren't really interested.
And we weren't particularly disruptive.

'Yawn yawn' Oh no we might have to spend time and energy educating ourselves, and going deeper with our understanding.

All these protestors, know that, so go for the 'drama' of tomato soup.
Glueing themselves to stuff, and chucking milk about

This protest it's happening in 'posh' shops, where people pretty much insulated from the cost of living crisis buy their goods.

This milk was never going to feed hungry people.
The cost of living crisis is not down to the price of or even a scarcity of food.
That's caused by a toxic combination of other factors.

Whatever, climate change protestors are not the bad guys, certainly not morons.

And again 'Daddies trust fund' nonsense is straight outta the DM playbook, I'm kinda surprised at it coming from you, but there we go.. 🤷

Top Bottom