How or Why is an Octopus toy Considered Antisemitic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I would contend Thunberg is likely to part of the problem rather than the solution. She has a defective worldview in that she seems unable or unwilling to countenance the existence of evil.

During her UN speech she refused to believe those failing to deal with climate change were 'evil'. She has rightly been castigated for her failure to condemn the actions of Hamas in mass murder. Murder breaks a moral absolute thou shalt not kill/you shall not commit murder. Failure here makes concern for Palestinian rights sound hollow.

Moreover her phrase 'we will never forgive you' is very telling of the woke culture in which she lives. Isn't the failure to let go of past wrongs and injustices done by both sides in the ME conflict a sure recipe for it to continue?

Finally, in fairness to her, attempting to smear her with antisemitism due to possible connotations of a cuddly toy are wrong and reprehensible.

She has rightly been castigated for her failure to condemn the actions of Hamas in mass murder.
She’s been pretty silent on the mass murder after the siege of Jericho too. What’s wrong with her?

Isn't the failure to let go of past wrongs and injustices done by both sides in the ME conflict a sure recipe for it to continue?

We’re talking about current wrongs and injustices, happening as we speak. Letting go is less of an option.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
She’s been pretty silent on the mass murder after the siege of Jericho too. What’s wrong with her?

It's all bollix that people, especially outside the parties concerned, are expected to come out publicly in favour/condemnation of one side or the other, but once she came out with a poster saying she stood with Gaza then she opened the door to criticism...fair or unfair, but inevitable. Protest is fair but if you don't like the heat (non fossil fuel created of course) stay out of the kitchen. She has shown she can stand the heat.

It's not at all like she has said she stood with Canaan.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Unfair, obvs. Predictable, but unfair.
Life is very rarely fair, as she knows from experience.

She'll get over it.

But it will exercise social media and the right wing press for a while until the next scandal/distraction comes along.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
It's been interesting to compare and contrast her response to 'unfair' allegations with that of the current next Prime Minister of this country.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I was merely countering your tedious equivocation. I mean, you already knew it was unfair, when you wrote 'fair or unfair'.

I just re-read my post and there is no equivocation. I stated that she she opened the door to criticism of both sorts...which she has

What I knew or believed is neither here or there because some others clearly think it's fair.

To some extent any criticism of one's views is fair once you enter the debate, even views as predictably tedious and univocal as yours...right or wrong.

Last edited:

Ian H

Guru
I just re-read my post and there is no equivocation. I stated that she she opened the door to criticism of both sorts...which she has

What I knew or believed is neither here or there because some others clearly think it's fair.

To some extent any criticism of one's views is fair once you enter the debate, even views as predictably tedious and univocal as yours...right or wrong.

So criticism both fair and unfair is actually fair?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
So criticism both fair and unfair is actually fair?

By jove, he's got it.

It is fair that criticism is allowed, whether that criticism itself is ultimately justified or not...the alternative is too dangerous. Fairness is a rather flexible and unrealistic concept in political debate. There is no VAR.

Address and answer the criticism not the fact that there was criticism.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I would contend Thunberg is likely to part of the problem rather than the solution. She has a defective worldview in that she seems unable or unwilling to countenance the existence of evil.

During her UN speech she refused to believe those failing to deal with climate change were 'evil'. She has rightly been castigated for her failure to condemn the actions of Hamas in mass murder. Murder breaks a moral absolute thou shalt not kill/you shall not commit murder. Failure here makes concern for Palestinian rights sound hollow.

Moreover her phrase 'we will never forgive you' is very telling of the woke culture in which she lives. Isn't the failure to let go of past wrongs and injustices done by both sides in the ME conflict a sure recipe for it to continue?

Finally, in fairness to her, attempting to smear her with antisemitism due to possible connotations of a cuddly toy are wrong and reprehensible.

You don't half talk some amount of pish.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
You have a crystal ball? :laugh:

'My name is Al Gore and I used to be the next president of the United States'

Admittedly the joke works better for a US audience given the way they introduce their presidential candidates.

matticus

Guru

During her UN speech she refused to believe those failing to deal with climate change were 'evil'.

Surely you know that most people in this category are just quite selfish - preferring money (salary for their government job, or oil company job), or convenience.
Are you telling me you categorise all staff in the petroleum industry as EVIL?
How about everyone in the tobacco industry - are they all EVIL?

tl:dr - Isn't it amazing how Greta gets under the skin of so many people?? :biggrin:

Top Bottom