Drought....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Climate change is going to move right up the league in the reasons for movement of people. Entire populations of some parts will be forced to find more fertile land. This will be a huge problem for the world. Its only a matter of time.
Heard that before, about every 5 years and most notably this/last years or during the whole Ghreta period, during the Al-gore period etc. However looking at facts, you see people flee war, dictatorships, social positions etc. but the people feeling ''the climate'' is so small you can't even put it in numbers.

So call me blind but i don't see that problem, it's a bit silly too because we have no choice to adapt as the climate covers the whole planet.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Heard that before, about every 5 years and most notably this/last years or during the whole Ghreta period, during the Al-gore period etc. However looking at facts, you see people flee war, dictatorships, social positions etc. but the people feeling ''the climate'' is so small you can't even put it in numbers.

So call me blind but i don't see that problem, it's a bit silly too because we have no choice to adapt as the climate covers the whole planet.

Didnt people make statements during the 80/90s about ethiopians moving to other parts of their own country, to more fertile grounds to help grow food and hlep relieve some of the starving children within their nation?

Didnt people make statements during the 80/90s about ethiopians moving to other parts of their own country, to more fertile grounds to help grow food and hlep relieve some of the starving children within their nation?
Yes, they did claim that, but if you look at history without agenda you known that's just how to adapt. and it wasn't new in the 80/90 just highlighted by media with an agenda

Salty seadog

Yes, they did claim that, but if you look at history without agenda you known that's just how to adapt. and it wasn't new in the 80/90 just highlighted by media with an agenda

I think you just agreed with me. And slightly contradicted yourself.

D

Deleted member 49

Oooo, is it on terrestrial telly? Not seen anything about it!
I think theres highlights on Quest...probally 7pm.If your one of the unfortunate ones not to have GCN/Eurosport 😁

I think you just agreed with me. And slightly contradicted yourself.
Depends a bit on how you see things, what is described what people did in the 80/90 and long therefore is nothing new, you can call it feeing and then indeed, i contradicted myself and would slightly agree with you. However i believe the correct term isn't fleeing as it is part of their survive and adapt, i believe we usedt to do that in europe too and then we where called ''nomads'' so i think that is the more correct term here too. As the fleeing in the sense of the articles that mention it is more used in the sense off moving from europe to africa or something and not moving from one place in the winter to a other in the summer because of ground conditions.

How are you adapting? Do you think starving and drought stricken people will be able to emulate you?
This isn't really about me, just as the situation with starvation in mentioned countries has more to do with how those countries are ruled then with real unsolvable drought and or starvation. But the west won't be able to make those multi day ''lets safe those poor poeple'' tv specials by telling the honest story.

The honest story is that as long as those countries are ruled by an shitty excuse of an government and local warlords the dire situation can't be changed. drought and starvation issue prone to that area, but with modern technologies perfectly manageable if those technologies are not at risk of being destroyed, there employees killed etc. etc.

Go on then.
Fake news, presenting an existing issue as something new, linking it to recent news and then running it like an news story. Refined, tried and tested method but still needs calling out.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Worst drought in Europe for 500 years. Following some if the links in this article shows some graphic photos for illustration.

BBC News - Europe's drought the worst in 500 years - report
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62648912

Crop failures a worrying feature adding to rising food costs.

BBC News - Spain's olive oil producers devastated by worst ever drought
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62707435

Meanwhile, a third of Pakistan is under water....

BBC News - Pakistan floods: One third of country is under water - minister
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62712301

There's a warning in there somewhere....

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
On a more local level, a farmer I know made £400k profit last year. This year a £1.5M loss. Same crop, same contracts.
To add insult to injury the ground is too hard to plough, turn-in stubble, or contemplate sowing anything new.
Waiting for rain in the UK, who'd have thought....

Top Bottom