Drought....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

From first world problems to the Third world, where once again it's getting desperate....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...starvation-says-un?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Feed them, move them, let them perish on lands no longer viable for human habitation?

Climate change is going to move right up the league in the reasons for movement of people. Entire populations of some parts will be forced to find more fertile land. This will be a huge problem for the world. Its only a matter of time.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Climate change is going to move right up the league in the reasons for movement of people. Entire populations of some parts will be forced to find more fertile land. This will be a huge problem for the world. Its only a matter of time.

Well quite!
I've long thought that the world's major crisis would be over access to water, and it's looking like I'm still on track.
Then you hear people mithering about boats crossing the channel and try explaining that it's just the tip of the iceberg. If we can't deal with this, what are we going to do when this trickle turns into a flood?
I'd love to see the Venn diagram of Tories, anti-migrants and climate deniers...probs just a single circle....

D

Deleted member 28

Had any rain yet or have you disappeared under a mountain of dust?

presta

Had any rain yet or have you disappeared under a mountain of dust?

Last Friday we had several hours of continuous heavy rain, but I assume it made only a relatively small difference, as Essex has just had the driest July since records began. The grass is still all brown.

presta

Just seen this on Twitter:

1661210305020.png

D

Deleted member 28

Last Friday we had several hours of continuous heavy rain, but I assume it made only a relatively small difference, as Essex has just had the driest July since records began. The grass is still all brown.

He lives in Devon though?

D

Deleted member 28

Apart from Inverness-shire, Ross and Cromarty and Sutherland.

Cornwall has coast's that are on different seas but still only one 'line' I guess.

D

Deleted member 49

Although the Clinton Estate was also complaining that there were too many beavers which have put several hectares of grazing land out of use. In general their stewardship seems fairly benign. They have huge tracts of land across Devon.
Down with the Aristocrats....Vote Beaver !

Top Bottom