Cut parents benefits over school truancy

• Thread starter Deleted member 121
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Meanwhile , people here routinely calling their fellow humans, ones they used to live alongside 'scumbags'
Fellow humans?

What would you call the type of person that would break into their neighbours homes and rob them or sell items stolen (as instructed) by their 12yr old kids down the pub or 'pimp' their wives out?

Good honest people who have 'got in with the wrong crowd' or just a little 'misguided' perhaps, either way it's nothing they've done and it'll always be someone else's fault according to you.

All the above happened on a regular basis where I grew up so I've seen and heard it all and in my opinion people like this ARE scumbags, and that's the forum friendly description.

You on the other hand can describe them as anything you like.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I managed to 'break away ' aged 20 so around 37 yrs for me.

Same here (20), but, I am 76 ;)

mudsticks

Squire
Fellow humans?

What would you call the type of person that would break into their neighbours homes and rob them or sell items stolen (as instructed) by their 12yr old kids down the pub or 'pimp' their wives out?

Good honest people who have 'got in with the wrong crowd' or just a little 'misguided' perhaps, either way it's nothing they've done and it'll always be someone else's fault according to you.

All the above happened on a regular basis where I grew up so I've seen and heard it all and in my opinion people like this ARE scumbags, and that's the forum friendly description.

And yet you'll happily vote for the Tories.

Who do robbing on an industrialised scale.

when they don't even need the cash, have already comfortable lives. .

Funny old world innit.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Fellow humans?

House!!

D

Deleted member 28

Me too, 39 years ago. From data available so far in this thread it looks like being raised in a council house says very little about scumbaggery, doesn’t it?

Again, show me where anyone has said ALL people from council estates are scumbags, but you know this.

D

Deleted member 28

And yet you'll happily vote for the Tories.

Who do robbing on an industrialised scale.

when they don't even need the cash, have already comfortable lives. .

Funny old world innit.

Haven't got an answer to what you would call them then, didn't think you would.

Almost on the verge of 'whataboutary' there.

Again, show me where anyone has said ALL people from council estates are scumbags, but you know this.

Perhaps you could clarify then, since it was you that put “council estate“ and “scumbag” in the same phrase. Not all council estate dwellers are scumbags, but all scumbags are associated with social housing? Or something else? What did you intend to say?

D

Deleted member 28

Perhaps you could clarify then, since it was you that put “council estate“ and “scumbag” in the same phrase. Not all council estate dwellers are scumbags, but all scumbags are associated with social housing? Or something else? What did you intend to say?

I can put whatever terms in the same sentence I like when I'm part of that classification but just so we're clear........

Where I grew up as a kid (on a large council estate) a LOT of the people were scumbags although not ALL of them were and I also knew of some scumbags that were part of the 'traveller community' from a site down the road but I'm sure not ALL of those were.

My lad works in a prison that has it's fair share of aforementioned scumbags but where they all hail from I wouldn't know but I'm sure they'll come from varied social settings.

Now then, have I 'clarified' my viewpoint enough for you or would you like some more info?

D

Deleted member 28

I think she's hinting that large-scale scumbaggery (if that's what you want to call it) of a much more widely damaging nature is further up the social scale.

I'm sure there is, are these 'fellow humans' scumbags as well and if not what term would be acceptable?

mudsticks

Squire
If she didn’t invent it she definitely weaponised it.
Basically robbing the commonly held social property and using it to 'buy' power for her party.
Haven't got an answer to what you would call them then, didn't think you would.

Almost on the verge of 'whataboutary' there.
I already said, fellow humans.

But as per you don't seem able to read my posts, just make stupid assumptions .

It's not whataboutery it's fact.

Undermine, impoverish and divide already struggling communities, and
Oh look the rate of violence and theft goes up
Promoting of

'Greed is good'
'No such thing as society'
'Trickle down economics'
'Selling off and profiteering from the commons - such as selling council housing'

All Tory ideas which undermine the social fabric.

You had a free at the point of delivery education - like I did - but maybe you need to use some of your schooling to join up the political dots.

D

Deleted member 28

Basically robbing the commonly held social property and using it to 'buy' power for her party.

I already said, fellow humans.

But as per you don't seem able to read my posts, just make stupid assumptions .

It's not whataboutery it's fact.

Undermine, impoverish and divide already struggling communities, and
Oh look the rate of violence and theft goes up
Promoting of

'Greed is good'
'No such thing as society'
'Trickle down economics'
'Selling off and profiteering from the commons - such as selling council housing'

All Tory ideas which undermine the social fabric.

You had a free at the point of delivery education - like I did - but maybe you need to use some of your schooling to join up the political dots.

So, are the people I described above scumbags in your opinion or not (albeit fellow humans)?

Or even the people you're referring to?

The rest of your post is the usual gloop and totally irrelevant to what I asked you, which I only did because you saw fit to make reference to my terminology.

Top Bottom