Cruella Braverman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_4013.jpeg

Did the peace marchers rush the police lines? And were any police injured in the peace march?

Not as far as I’m aware.There appeared to be a small breakaway group that caused some trouble away from the main event. That’s insignificant compared with the 300,000 that were peaceful but still unpleasant for those that were abused or intimidated by them. I wish that hadn’t happened at all. As I say, it allows Braverman and the Tory press to pretend that there is some equivalence - demonstrators and counter demonstrators - as well as moving the focus away from IDF crimes.

C R

Über Member
Not as far as I’m aware.There appeared to be a small breakaway group that caused some trouble away from the main event. That’s insignificant compared with the 300,000 that were peaceful but still unpleasant for those that were abused or intimidated by them. I wish that hadn’t happened at all. As I say, it allows Braverman and the Tory press to pretend that there is some equivalence - demonstrators and counter demonstrators - as well as moving the focus away from IDF crimes.

Her post was specifically about injuries to police officers, so the equivalence is an outright lie.

matticus

Guru
As far as I can tell the violence came only from the far right, so she's lying through her teeth as usual.

.. and once again, the police seem to have a different view of events from the Home Sec:

https://news.met.police.uk/news/ac-...n-policing-operation-in-central-london-475108
Assistant Commissioner Matt Twist has issued a statement updating on the significant policing operation taking place in London today:

This operation took place in unique circumstances, against a backdrop of conflict in the Middle East, on Armistice Day and following a week of intense debate about protest and policing. These all combined to increase community tensions.

The extreme violence from the right wing protestors towards the police today was extraordinary and deeply concerning.

They arrived early, stating they were there to protect monuments, but some were already intoxicated, aggressive and clearly looking for confrontation.

Abuse was directed at officers protecting the Cenotaph, including chants of “you’re not English any more”.

[there is some stuff about the Peace March too, further down]

Top Bottom