Bread and Royal Circuses...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
Whilst millions can barely heat their homes and rely on food-banks, why does this country still buy-into the royal soap opera?

The Royals have witnessed feast and famine, wars and peacetime, rubbish governments and less rubbish governments.
I really see very little correlation. Better to analyse hemline trends (and more fun!)

bobzmyunkle

I really see very little correlation.
Check out the title of the thread. Do a bit of Googling.

matticus

Guru
Witnessed....but rarely took part.Dare I say they seemed to have weathered the storm somewhat.

Sometimes eye-witnesses:

1670927742001.png

D

Deleted member 49

As I said: witnessed.
As in never took part....totally impartial🙄
Thanks for clarifying that.

matticus

Guru
Danny Baker had his whole career ruined by an honest mistake with Megan and a silly photo.
Clarkson seems to have done it deliberately and will get away with it.
Shocking.

Indeed.
What a flippin bonkers culture and society we live in.

Ian H

Guru
Danny Baker had his whole career ruined by an honest mistake with Megan and a silly photo.
Clarkson seems to have done it deliberately and will get away with it.
Shocking.
Having just looked up the Danny Baker story, that was at very least a gross error of judgement. How could the BBC not take action?
I presume some of us hold the BBC to a higher standard than Murdoch's rags.

Beebo

Veteran
Having just looked up the Danny Baker story, that was at very least a gross error of judgement. How could the BBC not take action?
I presume some of us hold the BBC to a higher standard than Murdoch's rags.

I agree that the BBC has to held to a higher standard than the Murdoch press.
But he apologised instantly and deleted the tweet. But was sacked by the BBC and has never appeared again.
Clarkson wrote a considered piece that would have been read by at least two other editors. The piece has not been pulled and no apology has been made.

bobzmyunkle

If Baker's story is true, you have to ask why he wasn't a bit more careful before he Tweeted, given that he was a high profile individual, employed by the BBC.
Clarkson's obnoxious outburst has presumably been through some sort of editorial process. I don't read the Scum, but it seems vile even by their standards.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom