All right wingers are colossal morons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No. No it doesn't. This is how conspiracy theories work. There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for the situation but the topic is being dragged sideways to fit an agenda. You can't satisfy a conspiracy theorist because there will always be another layer. Conspiracy theories are like ogres.

BBC commissions a series. Some of the producers decide they have the resources to make a little extra. They offer it to the BBC commissioners who say 'nice one, that'll be a good addition, we'll pop it on iPlayer'. That's the simplest explanation.

After the events of the past day or so, you actually believe that?

I don't do conspiracy theories but I do still have that bridge.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
After the events of the past day or so, you actually believe that?

I don't do conspiracy theories but I do still have that bridge.

Well I've shown two pieces of evidence, one from last year...

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Oh come on. Really!?

They would've known about this sixth part when they were planning the other 5.

Of course they would but that is not the issue, except as another stick for people to beat the BBC based on their own political biases.

All of a sudden people are experts at programme scheduling choices.

I am not defending Saint Fiona Bruce btw as she is just a smug, self-satisfied ar*ehole trying too hard not to be seen to offend, and her comments were probably her own tone-deaf way of appearing even-handed.

When I first read about the 6th episode in the Graun I was outraged. However, there seems now to be a reasonable explanation where it's a 5 part series with the final programme presumably on Easter Sunday. After Easter we'll move on to a 'Spring/Summer' regime.

It now seems that the additional programme was differently funded and commissioned. In that context it feels similar to the 'extra content' you'd get if you bought the series on DVD. In that context it being made available only on I-Player seems OK.

Obviously, if somebody can produce a 'smoking memo' around a change in plan, then it won't look like it does now.

winjim

It's like the extra 'making of' behind the scenes bits we get in other BBC nature docs. My assumption has always been that it's there to make a 45min programme up to an hour, using time that would otherwise be used to show adverts when they sell it to the US. They're cool to watch but they're not the main event.

winjim

Maybe, but why make six and only show five straight to air? And why was that one chosen from the others for a different medium?

They commissioned and made five. The 'sixth' is a different thing.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It doesn't answer the question why it cannot be shown on mainstream TV considering that this is a major issue concerning us all.

It can be shown on mainstream TV, but, it will not be, that is not the same as cannot.

Excellent advertising/publicy for the series I would have thought, and, all free.

multitool

Shaman
Anyway. Just found Shep's profile on twitter...

IMG_20230312_071004.jpg

multitool

Shaman
:laugh: If I haven't told you what jobs I have done, how can I be a fantasist? And why would you ask if you then say you wouldn't believe me anyway?

If I get the answer right, will you let me enter Thebes O sphinx?

Last edited:
Top Bottom