A touch of the Irish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
Not quite, though the republicans did initially think the army was going to protect them from loyalist violence. But not for long.

I said "purportedly" ;)

multitool

Shaman
So British soldiers accused of war crimes never face justice ? This is fair because the GFA released convicted terrorists you say.

It's a shame 🙄

I didn't make any comment about fairness.

I said it's a shame that the people making the decision to open fire weren't exposed.

You really are quite stupid aren't you. :laugh:

D

Deleted member 49

Sending any army anywhere usually results in civilian deaths one way or another. I'm far more bothered by recent killings in Afghanistan by still serving soldiers than I am by things that happened half a century ago.
That about sums you up...you haven't a fecking clue.

D

Deleted member 49

D

Deleted member 49

Or the family of the 29 murdered in the Omagh massacre. None have been brought to justice (though a civil case was brought and won)
I'll put this reply here as i said I wouldn't put anything more in the Israel thread.
True but that doesn't take away the fight for justice from the families of the Bloody Sunday.
The Saville enquiry found soldier F to have shot and killed people and one of them was waving a white hanky whilst going to the assistance of another dying man.Hes being charged with two murders and five attempted murders.Fourteen civilians were killed six of them 17 years old at what was a civil rights march.The families have fought long enough against cover ups and lies to try and bury this,they deserve justice.Same as any others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cirrus

Then pursue all with equal vigour, soldiers and paramilitaries alike.

Working yourself up into a righteous froth over bloody sunday and shrugging your shoulders over Omagh and the rest of the terrorist murders, well.

multitool

Shaman

Working yourself up into a righteous froth over bloody sunday and shrugging your shoulders over Omagh and the rest of the terrorist murders, well.

Adam is the self-appointed caretaker of the memories of all Catholics killed in The Troubles.

Has a Irish wife, don't you know.

Doesn't care about the innocent victims of the IRA though. You'll never hear the words Jean McConville, or indeed Paul Quinn, from his mouth.

D

Deleted member 49

Who's shrugging their shoulders or frothing It was you who brought the Omagh bombing up,I agree that the perpetrators should be brought to justice other than that I'm not sure of your point ?

D

Deleted member 49

Adam is the self-appointed caretaker of the memories of all Catholics killed in The Troubles.

Has a Irish wife, don't you know.

Doesn't care about the innocent victims of the IRA though. You'll never hear the words Jean McConville, or indeed Paul Quinn, from his mouth.
Silly post that...it's uncomfortable to accept that the British state murdered people just as the Paramilitaries of both sides did.It doesn't mean that some shouldn't seek justice.
My partner speaks for herself...she's not my wife I've never been married.But I imagine she'd say something like this.
If you're shocked by the IDF shooting civilians waving a white flag, but not about your governments Legacy Bill passed to protect the British army because they killed civilians in N Ireland it says more about you.

multitool

Shaman
Silly post that...it's uncomfortable to accept that the British state murdered people just as the Paramilitaries of both sides did.It doesn't mean that some shouldn't seek justice.
My partner speaks for herself...she's not my wife I've never been married.But I imagine she'd say something like this.
If you're shocked by the IDF shooting civilians waving a white flag, but not about your governments Legacy Bill passed to protect the British army because they killed civilians in N Ireland it says more about you.

There you go again. Putting words into people's mouths. I haven't made any comment on the Legacy Bill, nor on the prosecution (or not) of British soldiers, other than to point out that it pisses me off greatly that the people carrying out the orders are getting hauled up and not those who gave the orders.

I think you should stop speaking for your partner.

D

Deleted member 49

Top Bottom