The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Sounds good. Friends at Bearhouse Alpacas built one. Kit form from Norway apparently. Not little, though.

We looked at these guys for the Outerhebs:
https://theweehousecompany.co.uk/

There are a lot of good kit builds around these days....

There are some good ones around nowadays aren't there.
I do like the Scandi style ones that seem to be cropping up the Highlands and Islands these days .

This won't be dissimilar , but probs built on site by various chums skilled in the art..

Design already finalised (mostly)

Plus obligatory verandah of course.

For the rocking chair in my dotage 💃

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
There are some good ones around nowadays aren't there.
I do like the Scandi style ones that seem to be cropping up the Highlands and Islands these days .

This won't be dissimilar , but probs built on site by various chums skilled in the art..

Design already finalised (mostly)

Plus obligatory verandah of course.

For the rocking chair in my dotage 💃

I presumed given your username that it would be some wattle and daub type affair.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I presumed given your username that it would be some wattle and daub type affair.

You might well ..

And if you'd asked me twenty five years ago, when I first started out with serious intent upon this escapade, I probs would have had fantasies about building a hand crafted cob house, or using rammed earth, strawbales, hempcrete, making an 'earthship' or some other homespun type affair..
Like some MASSIVE hippy..🙂🌈

Nowadays I'm just interested in simple, easy to clean, affordable, pleasant to live in, and ecologically sound, without too much hassle to build..

Timber frame, timber clad , with loads of insulation, solar panels etc etc will do just fine.

Plus this sort of thing is much easier to get through building regs, and past the planning dept too..

It's hard enough as is convincing them to allow a house, without going down the knit your own knickers route.. 🙄

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
You might well ..

And if you'd asked me twenty five years ago, when I first started out with serious intent upon this escapade, I probs would have had fantasies about building a hand crafted cob house, or using rammed earth, strawbales, hempcrete, making an 'earthship' or some other homespun type affair..
Like some MASSIVE hippy..🙂🌈

Nowadays I'm just interested in simple, easy to clean, affordable, pleasant to live in, and ecologically sound, without too much hassle to build..

Timber frame, timber clad , with loads of insulation, solar panels etc etc will do just fine.

Plus this sort of thing is much easier to get through building regs, and past the planning dept too..

It's hard enough as is convincing them to allow a house, without going down the knit your own knickers route.. 🙄

OMG! you have grown old, or, more mature is a preferable way of saying it ;)

Edit: That is a joke, by the way. Congratulations!, and, I hope you enjoy your new home very much, when it is built.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
OMG! you have grown older, or, more mature is a preferable way of saying it ;)

Edit: That is a joke, by the way. Congratulations!, and, I hope you enjoy your new home very much, when it is built.

Chronological age has indeed advanced for me here, even in sleepy slow Devon just as it does for everyone else..

In terms of 'maturity' though I think I've probs become more childlike with each year.

My nearest and dearest would probs confirm.

One reason an easy build / live house is so desirable, is so I can go out and about to 'play' more, and for longer..

Thankyou for the good wishes though 👍🏼

Tbh security of a place to live permenently is the main thing .

Not knowing if you'll even be able to stay long term on the land, even if you own and farm it, isn't great for forward planning ...

Many other people are in a similarly insecure position, and that's holding back their ability to plan and farm with the future in mind.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Does it have subtitles for the hard of yokel?

How rude :rolleyes:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
In today's edition of Things Jeremy Corbyn Was Right About And Got Monstered For By The Sensibles, I see Jeanine Anez has just got 10 years for the coup against Morales.

20220612_132637.jpg

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022...-for-10-years-for-mounting-coup?sf165981573=1

Top Bottom