The farkwittery of modern life....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
No to be outdone .

I've got a cupholder on my second tractor...

Or at least I think that's what it is..🤔

It's dead handy for keeping R clips, and bits of string in :okay:
This is clearly my best opportunity to tell this hilarious story:

A lady driver repeatedly complained that her car wouldn’t run very well. It misfired, it was sluggish, wouldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding, and drank petrol as if there was no tomorrow. But, every time the car went into the garage workshop and was tested it was found to be fine.

Finally, the garage sent a technician out with the lady to see if they could experience the problem. She was more than happy to comply, if only to get to the bottom of the problem. The mechanic walked out to the car with her and asked her to drive. She settled into the driving seat put on her seat belt, pulled out the manual choke knob to full on, and hung her handbag on it.

matticus

Guru
@Fab Foodie ......Craig and Shep send their warmest regards.
That ok ?

Post of the Week.

Ian H

Guru

A lady driver repeatedly complained that her car wouldn’t run very well. It misfired, it was sluggish, wouldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding, and drank petrol as if there was no tomorrow. But, every time the car went into the garage workshop and was tested it was found to be fine.

Finally, the garage sent a technician out with the lady to see if they could experience the problem. She was more than happy to comply, if only to get to the bottom of the problem. The mechanic walked out to the car with her and asked her to drive. She settled into the driving seat put on her seat belt, pulled out the manual choke knob to full on, and hung her handbag on it.

That story is so old it's fossilised into urban myth.

mudsticks

Squire

Yes I remember my dear departed grandpa telling that one .
Old ones the best ones etc etc .

In turn an op for one of my favourites..

I used to keep racing snails ..

Tried taking their shells off to see if that would make them go faster ...

mudsticks

Squire
Now there's a good measure of age. Whether you have ever used a manual choke!! I suspect anyone under about 35 will never have seen or used one...

Unless of course they use two stroke machinery too.

PXL_20220609_093028982.jpg

matticus

Guru
Unless of course they use two stroke machinery too.

View attachment 1399

and with a disc-brake too! That's almost a steampunk mix of technologies ;)

mudsticks

Squire
and with a disc-brake too! That's almost a steampunk mix of technologies ;)

I'm all about the juxtapositions me .

Never let it be said that peasant farmers don't adopt appropriate technology, once their full value has been ascertained..

:okay:

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
To be fair, who hasn't thought 'Hmmm... car seems a bit sluggish today' and realised you've driven 100 yards with the handbrake on.

Top Bottom