Sandi Toksvig v Justin Welby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Consensual, sure, but I think sex works better if both partners keep in mind that it's dirty and wrong.

You just carry on doing you, my dear..

Not forgetting, of course, that onanism, is in and of itself also massively wrong in many peoples eyes..

All that spilling of the seed, and devils doorbell stuff..

Terrible business

😳

Consensual, sure, but I think sex works better if both partners keep in mind that it's dirty and wrong.

"Both" participants?

mudsticks

Squire
The detail is obviously subject to enquiry and furrher discovery but the principle of natural selection is pretty firm, I think.

My point was that society, culture and selflessness can be explained by evolution with no requirement for gods, religion or, dare I say it, philosophical woo about a connected consciousness.

Absolutely agree, the general principals of

'Do as you would be done by, and we'll all have a much nicer time'

are fully comprehensible (if not necessarily followed) at a afternoon tea party of three year olds.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
The detail is obviously subject to enquiry and furrher discovery but the principle of natural selection is pretty firm, I think.

My point was that society, culture and selflessness can be explained by evolution with no requirement for gods, religion or, dare I say it, philosophical woo about a connected consciousness.

If only explaining stuff was what we're here to do.

Why woo on trying to connect your consciousness with that of others by writing stuff? Put the symbolic representations of the unrepresented back in the jar, and go back to the lab.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

I think we are on the same page ;)

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Absolutely agree, the general principals of

'Do as you would be done by, and we'll all have a much nicer time'

are fully comprehensible (if not necessarily followed) at a afternoon tea party of three year olds.

My philosophy for my life thus far. Hasn't always worked, I have been crapped on a few times, but, I like to think I haven't crapped on anyone else ;)

Why woo on trying to connect your consciousness with that of others by writing stuff?

That's not what I meant, so maybe there's a fracture in our consciousness connector.

mudsticks

Squire
My philosophy for my life thus far. Hasn't always worked, I have been crapped on a few times, but, I like to think I haven't crapped on anyone else ;)
Does that exclude or include giving encouragement to others who are 'crapping' on each other though..

As endorsing others 'crapping on' positions (although if course you'd claim it was all 'meaningless' )

could easily be seen as 'crapping on' by proxy ..

It always puts me in mind of the school bullies 'back up'..

Not quite brave enough to do it themselves, but will happily go along with it, cos it's just 'a bit of a larf' right.??

mudsticks

Squire
Oh my!
Mark me down for the next group ride.

Have you actually met any.of 'us lot'..??

Or can you not really afford to be that fussy

Anyway, I'm afraid I'll have to self exclude myself from the carnal hi jinks, as in last year's civil partnership ceremony I promised to 'Be true' 'for the duration* of the partnership'

Or something like that..

Which I think means I'm not supposed to be going round getting off with other folks..

*I adore the sensible realism, and even potential achievability of this pledge..😊

Seems far more doable, than 'forever, and ever, and ever and ever'...

That seems like a looooong time.

Anyway, yet another honeymoon calls...

Oh the hardship of it all 😇

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Have you actually met any.of 'us lot'..??

Or can you not really afford to be that fussy

Anyway, I'm afraid I'll have to self exclude myself from the carnal hi jinks, as in last year's civil partnership ceremony I promised to 'Be true' 'for the duration* of the partnership'

Or something like that..

Which I think means I'm not supposed to be going round getting off with other folks..

*I adore the sensible realism, and even potential achievability of this pledge..😊

Seems far more doable, than 'forever, and ever, and ever and ever'...

That seems like a looooong time.

Anyway, yet another honeymoon calls...

Oh the hardship of it all 😇

I have the tools for fixing things which are out of true, and some experience.

Top Bottom