Gordon Brown 2. The Proper Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And quite simply, that is because they will no longer have to actually implement their Damascus like turns. When they leave office and no longer have any responsibility for anything they are full of good ideas.

So far from being irrelevant because it was 14 years ago, decisions made in the past have an inevitable impact further down the line. It is too easy to write off the Blair/Brown decisions as being too long ago. Just look at how many people are still blaming Thatcher for shutting the mines and impacting on that industry. How would it be if I said it was 40 years ago, just move on it isn't relevant now? Lots of you on here would be all over me for that.

I doubt that.

You cannot say that the country hasn't changed more in the past decade or so than in the previous 40 years. The changes have been dramatic.

Again, as I say, what decisions made in 2008 could not have caused the issues we have now. I cite the example of an incompetent Gov and corruption on a grand scale as well as their refusal to do anything to alleviate the current problems, as other European Govs have done.

You have to take the football scarf off and realise that the Gov that you voted for have shafted every person in the country, regardless if they voted for them or not.

Concentrate on what's going on now, 2022, not what happened in 2008. I would listen the GB any day before I would listen to the traitors running the show now. He has more integrity in his little finger than the entire cabinet have in their entire bodies.

Last edited:

All uphill

And quite simply, that is because they will no longer have to actually implement their Damascus like turns. When they leave office and no longer have any responsibility for anything they are full of good ideas.

So far from being irrelevant because it was 14 years ago, decisions made in the past have an inevitable impact further down the line. It is too easy to write off the Blair/Brown decisions as being too long ago. Just look at how many people are still blaming Thatcher for shutting the mines and impacting on that industry. How would it be if I said it was 40 years ago, just move on it isn't relevant now? Lots of you on here would be all over me for that.

I have not said any of those things, have I Craig?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I doubt that.

You cannot say that the country hasn't changed more in the past decade or so than in the previous 40 years. The changes have been dramatic.

Again, as I say, what decisions made in 2008 could not have caused the issues we have now. I cite the example of an incompetent Gov and corruption on a grand scale as well as their refusal to do anything to alleviate the current problems, as other European Govs have done.

You have to take the football scarf off and realise that the Gov that you voted for have shafted every person in the country, regardless if they voted for them or not.

Concentrate on what's going on now, 2022, not what happened in 2008. I would listen the GB any day before I would listen to the traitors running the show now. He has more integrity in his little finger than the entire cabinet have in their entire bodies.

again factually incorrect.........again, if your going to post, post the truth and not some fantasy in your head

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
im a labour voter...have been all my life.

and as for letting the thread run, you farking remaining brexit toss pots have been trolling brexiteers since 2016, changing posts, not happy with their repsonses etc etc etc....now you farkers are having a taste of your own medicine, you all hit the ignore button.

cause your a bunch of moaning, two faced, remainer self-gratification artists.....hope that helps.

As for telling me to sit down and shut the fark-up you farking keyboard warrior piece of shoot.....fark off

Ah, so you're just acting like any stupid, disruptive, angry, lying, Tory-loving arseh0le might, and ruining things simply because that's what they do for fun.

Understood. On you go, then. :smile:

jowwy

Ah, so you're just acting like any stupid, disruptive, angry, lying, Tory-loving arseh0le might, and ruining things simply because that's what they do for fun.

Understood. On you go, then. :smile:

better than acting like a nicola sturgeon shagging, keyboard warrior, farkwit......stick to scottish politics, its farked up enough up there as it is, without you getting bent over with how things are going in parliment.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
better than acting like a nicola sturgeon shagging, keyboard warrior, farkwit......stick to scottish politics, its farked up enough up there as it is, without you getting bent over with how things are going in parliment.

Back to laughing at you, ToryBoy.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Seems to me that older retired (or elevated) politicians often have useful and interesting points to make whatever disasters they created.

I have not said any of those things, have I Craig?
Genuinely, I have no idea why you have decided to pick me up on this post. You said they have points to make, I replied that is because they can say what they like as they no longer have the responsibility for the outcome of their views.

Why is that at all controversial?

classic33

again factually incorrect.........again, if your going to post, post the truth and not some fantasy in your head
He's not that far out, on the periods mentioned.

How about we get to see your "factually correct" version. I'll not be googling/researching as I want to see your version, not my googled/researched version.

First word in a sentence should be in upper, not lower case.

Genuinely, I have no idea why you have decided to pick me up on this post. You said they have points to make, I replied that is because they can say what they like as they no longer have the responsibility for the outcome of their views.

Why is that at all controversial?

They may not have responsibility but they have experience and knowledge. That cannot be discounted nowadays.

How about we get to see your "factually correct" version. I'll not be googling/researching as I want to see your version, not my googled/researched version.

Trust me, I've been tempted to get big red out and mark his work but life's too short. Instead he criticizes my use of English. :laugh:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Concentrate on what's going on now, 2022,
Gotcha, sorry, only events with a timeline in 2022 it is.

Which makes all this irrelevant does it?
Within 18 months of the Tories taking over, we had a double dip recession, missing a triple dip by the skin of our teeth. We then had 10 years of austerity that killed thousands and increased debt by 20% (to 85% by 2020, OECD) when remember, austerity was supposed to pay down debt, not increase it.

But we do have brexit

fourth PM in 6 years!?

jowwy

so you think the CURRENT government have not done anything to help, which is what cookiemonster raving looney is suggesting???

Gotcha, sorry, only events with a timeline in 2022 it is.

Which makes all this irrelevant does it?

Craig, this is not a game of gotcha! The reason I said keeping to current issues is that this is what the thread is about. Your screen captures of my posts are in response to your posts bringing up past events.

It is irrelevant in light of the thread title which is why I've said, on a few occassions now, to try and stick to what GB said yesterday about the current national crisis, not what was said/done by anyone up to 14 years ago.

So, I can only assume by your game of Gotcha! that you're quite happy with the current economic situation? If not, suggestions about what you would do if you were in charge?

Brexit and our 4th PM in 6 years is relevant as nothing can function properly.

Top Bottom