Cruella Braverman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Well it has been an issue in the past with fake colleges where students arrive then do a runner. I thought the low income thing had been dealt with - if you are an international student I thought you had about 3 months to get a decent paying job after graduation. After that, no visa.

International Students are a huge cash cow to universities. 70% of London School of Economics students are international, non EU students. A quick look at the Ons figures suggests 35% of non EU International students get a further visa to remain in the UK. 60% seem to go home.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Quick people someone may have a point about Foodie........

View attachment 2095

Looks idyllic. And chilled. Children playing outside the perimeter. Communal meal being prepared on the one fire. A man entertaining a little girl with some fiddle playing. Someone truing a wheel!

Ripe for gentrification, re-development and social cleansing.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Looks idyllic. And chilled. Children playing outside the perimeter. Communal meal being prepared on the one fire. A man entertaining a little girl with some fiddle playing. Someone truing a wheel!

Ripe for gentrification, re-development and social cleansing.

So idyllic and away from foreigners that Fab has probably already moved there.

Braverman getting her backside handed back to her by Yvette Cooper.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1580613356871745536

icowden

Legendary Member

The new legislation - which will be put to MPs next week - will also see jail sentences of up to six months or unlimited fines for protesters accused of "locking-on" to people, objects or buildings - a favoured tactic of climate demonstrators.
Home Office officials said the proposed legislation would create a new criminal offence of interfering with infrastructure, such as oil refineries, airports and railways, carrying sentences of up to 12 months in prison.
So essentially lets waste taxpayers money by putting people in prison, and issuing fines that won't get paid.
I have a radical idea that might work. Meet with climate protesters and start putting their ideas into action. Ask them what they think is needed. Set up a group. Defuse the situation, save public money, improve the environment.. what's not to like?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
So essentially lets waste taxpayers money by putting people in prison, and issuing fines that won't get paid.
I have a radical idea that might work. Meet with climate protesters and start putting their ideas into action. Ask them what they think is needed. Set up a group. Defuse the situation, save public money, improve the environment.. what's not to like?

It's hard to fathom, isn't....

icowden

Legendary Member
Would that apply to all those who engage in similar tactics or just those whose aims you agree with? If the government agreed to talks with every group who glued themselves to the roads, do you think that might encourage similar behaviour from people whose ambitions aren't as laudable as reducing climate change?

What - encouraging them to engage with Government and vice versa rather than superglue? Yes. I think it would be useful. Not everyone who meets is going to be happy, but the best way to deal with protest is engagement rather than pretending it isn't happening. If the government had engaged with InsulateBritain and insulated Britain it would have saved over a billion pounds and greatly reduced energy bills for many people.

All uphill

What - encouraging them to engage with Government and vice versa rather than superglue? Yes. I think it would be useful. Not everyone who meets is going to be happy, but the best way to deal with protest is engagement rather than pretending it isn't happening. If the government had engaged with InsulateBritain and insulated Britain it would have saved over a billion pounds and greatly reduced energy bills for many people.

That's far too sensible @icowden . As you know our politicians are not in the habit of consulting and listening, besides which it's much more fun to persuade yourself you know everything.

Top Bottom