Bye Bye NHS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What Corbyn and his acolytes can't grasp is that you need seats to win an election, not votes (and certainly not the hordes of new Labour party members that they kept crowing about). A handful of votes in Tory marginals, not more votes in Labour safe seats, and you won't steal votes from Tories by moving to the left.

This is utter BS.
Corbyn was LOTO. Not secretary. Not in charge of party funding.

The strategy that Corbyn and his team wanted to enact was not enacted. Instead, campaign funding was diverted away from the marginal seats which were targetted to the seats of Blairite incumbents. A secret organisation within the Labour Party was set-up to coordinate this. Facebook micro-targetting was used to ensure Corbyn and his team saw FB advertisements that supported their campaign strategy.

The factionalism within Labour and the right wing press is what did Corbyn in. Not any failure to grasp how democracy in this country actually works.

EDIT: Grammar

Many/most businesses run Windows without issue. What matters is having a competent IT department to manage only the updates that are necessary and have suitable protections to ensure nothing else clutters-up the system. It helps also to have software that's fit for purpose, properly integrated and fully supported by its developers.
If the commercial sector can do this there's no practical/technical reason why the public sector can't either....
Public sector does not have the talent because it is bound by legislation to pay uncompetitive salaries. This results in IT outsourcing and that frankly is a sh*t show.

multitool

Shaman
This is utter BS.
Corbyn was LOTO. Not secretary. Not in charge of party funding.

The strategy that Corbyn and his team wanted to enact was not enacted. Instead, campaign funding was diverted away from the marginal seats which were targetted to the seats of Blairite incumbents. A secret organisation within the Labour Party was set-up to coordinate this. Facebook micro-targetting was used to ensure Corbyn and his team saw FB advertisements that supported their campaign strategy.

The factionalism within Labour and the right wing press is what did Corbyn in. Not any failure to grasp how democracy in this country actually works.

EDIT: Grammar

That is a rather manicured view of reality.

Corbyn was viewed as ridiculous before he became leader.

Everyone except members of his cult who include people who say:

The last I checked, I was not a member of any cult.

And I don't think it is too much to ask that the politicians deciding on the future of our nation's health system are not in receipt of donations from the managers of investment funds which invest primarily in private health care, as that is a very clear conflict of interest.

Last I checked, an opinion such as this does not qualify someone as a cult member.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Many/most businesses run Windows without issue. What matters is having a competent IT department to manage only the updates that are necessary and have suitable protections to ensure nothing else clutters-up the system. It helps also to have software that's fit for purpose, properly integrated and fully supported by its developers.
If the commercial sector can do this there's no practical/technical reason why the public sector can't either....

Would I be right in thinking you have never worked in the NHS?

icowden

Legendary Member
Quite ridiculous by whom? The neoliberal elite that want to retain the status quo and those on the gravy train, like Wes Streeting and Yvette Cooper?
No, just about everyone. He failed to interest or engage with the centrists and refused to oppose Brexit. Without the centre he had no hope. He was viewed as hopeless and far too left wing. Another Kinnock.

No, just about everyone. He failed to interest or engage with the centrists and refused to oppose Brexit. Without the centre he had no hope. He was viewed as hopeless and far too left wing. Another Kinnock.
Where do you people get off re-writing history? Anyone remember the content of the comment sections in Sunday papers in the run up to GE 2019?

icowden

Legendary Member
Where do you people get off re-writing history? Anyone remember the content of the comment sections in Sunday papers in the run up to GE 2019?
Not rewriting it. As a centrist myself there is no way I'd have voted for Corbyn, but I could vote for Starmer if only to get rid of the current shower. And yes, I remember the comment sections, and the constant pointing out that Corbyn sat on the fence about everything and refused to address anti-semitism in his own party.

He was both useless and unelectable.

Top Bottom