Apropos of Nothing...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Please take a moment to enjoy this picture of St Catharine's College Cambridge listening to Public Enemy...

View attachment 197
Dear (DJ) Lord, what a bunch of old fogeys. They probably haven't got a clue about whatever the young people are listening to these days either. Vinyl's probably too 'new' for them.

Rock & metal fans do not generally have the age gap problem. Kids to granddads at most of the shows these days (OK, those days).

PaulB

I was well in to that album when I was about their age! If they know stuff from eons ago when they're so young, why the block where poplear (sp) music's concerned?

I was well in to that album when I was about their age! If they know stuff from eons ago when they're so young, why the block where poplear (sp) music's concerned?
I‘m a big music fan, but you can’t know it all. Public enemy passed me by. There are many other bands that are supposed to be popular that I’m not familiar with. I’m certain there are acts that I love that others are unaware of. Not knowing Public Enemy is not a crime - but maybe it should be ;-)

PaulB

I‘m a big music fan, but you can’t know it all. Public enemy passed me by. There are many other bands that are supposed to be popular that I’m not familiar with. I’m certain there are acts that I love that others are unaware of. Not knowing Public Enemy is not a crime - but maybe it should be ;-)
No, what I mean is contestants on Uno (you do call it 'Uno', don't you?), despite being about nine years old, seem to know absolutely everything about everything, most of which, like algebra, will serve no purpose at all in their future careers but modern music seems to be one area where they tend to have a blind spot. More of them, I say because that's one subject the playing field is levelled!

No, what I mean is contestants on Uno (you do call it 'Uno', don't you?), despite being about nine years old, seem to know absolutely everything about everything, most of which, like algebra, will serve no purpose at all in their future careers but modern music seems to be one area where they tend to have a blind spot. More of them, I say because that's one subject the playing field is levelled!
No, we call it Uni Challenge!
Yes, I think we're in agreement. The contestants are cut from very different cloth! But somebody needs algebra somewhere surely....

Archie_tect

"... and your host, Bamber Gascoigne"

Hang on, who is that old white haired bloke- that's not Bamber...

Top Bottom