Apropos of Nothing...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Please take a moment to enjoy this picture of St Catharine's College Cambridge listening to Public Enemy...

Ian H

Guru
It's culture, Jim, but not as we know it.

I love the music questions….they’re certainly more fazed by Duran Duran than Delibes…

In fact I love all the questions. I love the show. But how people so young know the answers to such a wide range of obscure and diverse subjects stuns me!

matticus

Guru
I love the music questions….they’re certainly more fazed by Duran Duran than Delibes…

In fact I love all the questions. I love the show. But how people so young know the answers to such a wide range of obscure and diverse subjects stuns me!
Yes. You can have fun at their gaps in knowledge, whilst also marvelling at the 80% of answer they DO know (but I don't!).

We caught the last 2 minutes of this Cam-vs-Cam clash. Never seen matching team jumpers before?! There was an absolute howler of an answer - something like guessing Kylie when the answer was Pink FLoyd, that level of appaling guesswork. If my brain was younger, I could probably remember the details ...

mudsticks

Squire
In a similar vein - somehow - I think

Almost unbearably twee ,
but at the same time kind of adorable.

#2 son living 'one of his dreams' *

Learning to process flax into spun yarn, at a side event to a side event in gritty ol' Glasgow..

One day he says going to grow some, and then make a shirt from it.

*Yes really ..- I know - kids these days eh :rolleyes:, what are they like ??

mudsticks

Squire
Can he make bikes out of it? He could save the world!
Who knows .

Never say never.

Tbh I'm dead chuffed, it's just coincidence that he's now living in Glasgow at the same time as I am here for the COP

But he's really got stuck in, and made lots of good connections in the movement, and helped out loads .

It's a cliché of course but these kids are the future.

And of some of my them really are brilliant !!

Yes. You can have fun at their gaps in knowledge, whilst also marvelling at the 80% of answer they DO know (but I don't!).

We caught the last 2 minutes of this Cam-vs-Cam clash. Never seen matching team jumpers before?! There was an absolute howler of an answer - something like guessing Kylie when the answer was Pink FLoyd, that level of appaling guesswork. If my brain was younger, I could probably remember the details ...
Not seen that one yet!
There have been some incredibly close battles this season, and one or two utter trouncings.

Top Bottom