Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Yes, I saw that. Sadly there appears to be no linked penalty.
There never is....

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
I miss our resident Tory apologists. Where are they? Could it be that even they no longer have the stomach to defend Johnson and his enablers?

I have a mental image of them all doubled-over, laughing themselves into spontaneous double incontinence at all us pitiful, whining Leftards getting pwned so gloriously hard.

Because Bodger and his champers-quaffing Eton mates are all on their side, they really, really are.

D

Deleted member 49

The more I hear Tories repeating the line that Sue Gray will investigate “without fear or favour” the more I become suspicious that the report has already been written and approved at the highest level.

Just me?
The more I read about Sue Gray the less I trust her...
From running a pub in Newry in the late 80s,my partners city and it'd be very suspicious for a civil servant to run a bar there ! She then turns up in the cabinet office , number 10 as director-general of the propriety and ethics team.Then head of the Private Offices Group under the Cabinet Secretary
Yea right 🙄

I have a mental image of them all doubled-over, laughing themselves into spontaneous double incontinence at all us pitiful, whining Leftards getting pwned so gloriously hard.

Because Bodger and his champers-quaffing Eton mates are all on their side, they really, really are.
They're probably having a virtual Zoom call game of soggy biscuits in honour of their public schoolboy heroes.

icowden

Legendary Member
The more I read about Sue Gray the less I trust her...
From running a pub in Newry in the late 80s,my partners city and it'd be very suspicious for a civil servant to run a bar there ! She then turns up in the cabinet office , number 10 as director-general of the propriety and ethics team.Then head of the Private Offices Group under the Cabinet Secretary
Yea right 🙄
To be fair, she worked as a Civil Servant then took a "career break" to run the bar after marrying a singer from Northern Ireland. She returned to the Civil Service under Blair about 17 years later.

This quote speaks well of her:-

One admirer of Gray’s work said she would not stand for delays or attempts to influence her inquiry. “The biggest mistake they have made if they want to cover anything up is to appoint Sue Gray because she will investigate the claims and point the blame at those responsible,” the informed source said

Whether of course anything is done as a result of the enquiry is another thing. It'll probably just be filed with Priti Patel's bullying dossier.

D

Deleted member 49

To be fair, she worked as a Civil Servant then took a "career break" to run the bar after marrying a singer from Northern Ireland. She returned to the Civil Service under Blair about 17 years later.

Whether of course anything is done as a result of the enquiry is another thing. It'll probably just be filed with Priti Patel's bullying dossier.
After almost a decade "running a pub"in Newry lol she reappeared in 1998 , (a month after the Belfast /Good Friday Agreement was signed).no coincidence 🙄 Just my vivid imagination ?
You'd imagine after that lengthy career break pulling pints she might start a little lower down ?
Suppose it depends who you ask ?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member

stowie

What did I miss out on never having worked in a office 🙄

I have worked in offices most of my career, although over the years with increasing levels of home working even pre-pandemic.

In all those years, even in the rather decadent 90s, I never attended a business meeting where the meeting invite asked me to bring along booze, pandemic or no. If we take Johnson at face-value it does make me wonder what happens at his business meetings.

D

Deleted member 49

I have worked in offices most of my career, although over the years with increasing levels of home working even pre-pandemic.

In all those years, even in the rather decadent 90s, I never attended a business meeting where the meeting invite asked me to bring along booze, pandemic or no. If we take Johnson at face-value it does make me wonder what happens at his business meetings.
I've worked at quite a few Tory conferences over the years and have seen some of the debauchery that goes on !
I think things are just more transparent nowadays.

Reactions: mjr
I’ve been thinking about the “twenty-five minutes” claim. It sounds quite precise, almost calibrated in Johnson’s own head to sit somewhere between an obvious lie such as five minutes and an excessive hour. Bearing in mind that up until yesterday he hadn’t recalled being there at all, how else could the period be remembered with such precision?

Beebo

Veteran
I’ve been thinking about the “twenty-five minutes” claim. It sounds quite precise, almost calibrated in Johnson’s own head to sit somewhere between an obvious lie such as five minutes and an excessive hour. Bearing in mind that up until yesterday he hadn’t recalled being there at all, how else could the period be remembered with such precision?
Because he made it up. The whole apology was written by lawyers.

The Conservative leader in Scotland apparently spoke with Johnson and asked him to guarantee that there were no further revelations to come, and he couldn’t.

D

Deleted member 28

I don't know what anyone else is thinking or doing but clearly he's dropped a bollock with this one and I would be surprised if he isn't gone soon, If you think the average Tory voter thinks they have anything in common with these people you are more disillusioned than I thought it's just that we have less in common with what Labour seem to be.

Just my opinion of course.

Top Bottom